Medivation, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDVN – www.medivation.com) a publically traded biopharmaceutical company located in San Francisco, is currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated individual for the position of Director IT Operations, reporting to the Senior Director, Information Systems.
Medivation is focused on the rapid development of novel small molecule drugs to treat serious diseases for which there are limited treatment options. Medivation’s goal is to transform the treatment of these diseases and offer hope to critically ill patients and their families. With the approval of Xtandi (enzalutamide) capsules in late August and the early September product launch immediately following, Medivation is in the process of building and developing a world-class workforce to take the company to the next strategic level.
The Director IT Operations will be responsible in providing vision and leadership to ensure the efficient operation of Medivation’s service desk, networks, servers, end user computers and security systems. The IS Operations Director’s team consists of the IS Service Desk Manager, the IS Infrastructure Manager and the IS Security Manager and their staffs.
The Director IT Operations will work closely with the IS Leadership and decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Medivation is an exciting and growing business, and you must be willing and able to take on additional responsibilities as needs arise. This is a technical hands-on management position .
Essential duties & responsibilities included but not limited to:
Strategy & Planning
- Create an Infrastructure and Security Architecture for the management, improvement and growth of the network infrastructure, servers, desktops, service desk and security systems based on industry best practices.
- Assist in communicating strategies and plans to executive team, staff, customers, and stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of IS Operations policies, procedures, and associated plans for security, desktops and infrastructure based on industry-standard best practices and SOX and FDA requirements.
- Lead the design and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements.
- Remain current with the latest technologies and solutions.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of security systems, servers, IS Operations applications, networks and the service desk.
- Approve purchase of equipment and supplies in order to meet operational requirements of the business.
- Oversee operations-related projects and project portfolio.
- Oversee operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding IS operations. (improve communication process
- Oversee asset management for IS hardware and software.
- Responsible for the administration of all computer security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software.
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to security problems in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- 10 years experience managing and/or directing an IS operation
- Must have bio/pharma background
- Demonstrated experience with developing and coaching a team
- Proven experience in IS infrastructure planning and development.
- Experience with privacy legislation such as HIPAA, COPPA, FCRA, GLB and EU
- Experience in planning and executing security policies and standards development.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, budgeting and allocation, implementation, information security program development, and administration, including technical architecture design and technology assessment
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including: Windows Server/Desktop OS, Mac OS, Unix/Linux, Cisco IOS/NX-OS.
- Extensive technical knowledge of systems administration and maintenance including: Active Directory systems, encryption techniques, penetration and vulnerability testing at the network, host, and application levels, Enterprise IDS design, implementation, deployment and testing, Operating system and application hardening
Travel, Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- High tolerance with ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IS issues and products as required
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- On-call availability and periodic overtime
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Some travel may be required
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- BS degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 10-15 years related work experience
- Certifications in CISSP, MCSE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Equal Employment Opportunity, M/F/D/V
Medivation, Inc. - 23 months ago