Responsible for oversight of all strategy development and execution with regard to the IT portfolio management functions including development of policies, procedures, guidelines, metrics, and reporting processes to allow project teams to provide the IT Leadership Team and project sponsors information to meet goals and objectives. Responsible for coordinating staffing of resources required for project success, works closely with the corporate governance committees to identify and mitigate project risk and assigns Project Managers to project to insure all required IT requirements; architecture, infrastructure, applications, testing , configuration, etc., have been identified and are available for successful project implementation.
• Develops an IT Portfolio Management Competency center to establish metrics, standards, and governance processes required to manage and execute the IT portfolio projects and programs.
• Ensures projects and programs are delivered with quality, within established plan, and on budget.
• Works with Enterprise PMO on the alignment of Project Methodology and governance processes.
• Works with Resource Teams across the IT division to develop long range staffing plans across all initiatives to ensure success.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates virtual team activities to manage and implement interrelated projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage.
• Aides in Planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting on activities related to projects.
• Participates in corporate planning and develops the divisional plan in support of corporate goals and strategies.
• Works to help implement Project Management common practices and SLDC/SDP methodologies and principles.
• Works to help implement Project Management alignment capacity & demand planning
• Determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics to include project costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, project resources, and project risk. Identifies and assembles the appropriate blend of talent and additional resources to meet project needs and requirements.
• Ensures that projects meet time, cost and quality parameters.
• Formulates contingency plans to address schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations, and work requirements. Ensures adherence to legally binding requirements and customer long-term strategic goals. Controls project requirements, scope, and change management issues.
• Meets with management, sponsors, and project teams to review project scope/progress and resolve project issues.
• Coaches and counsels members of cross-functional teams to accomplish projects, meet established schedules, or resolve technical/operational issues.
• Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria. Develops, proposes, and negotiates project proposals, quotations, and add-ons to leadership and the customer. May be responsible for preparing incoming management for transition from implementation to operating stage. Maintains currency on emerging technologies and project management techniques.
• Plans, directs and controls the application, date, and appropriate infrastructure architectures to meet business requirements. Ensures effective utilization of infrastructure development and maintenance resources in meeting the information needs of the Corporation.
• Supports and Coordinates HR Related issues: Performs/Evaluates Reviews, Performance Plans, Goals & Objectives, and Career Management of Staff. Invests in People to get the work done. Receives feedback in order to deliver Performance Improvement Reviews/Discipline and provide input in the Hire process. Interviews, selects, and trains Project and Release Management personnel. Evaluates level of employee morale and provides Motivational tactics and counsels departmental personnel in increasing efficiency and encourage career development.
• Acts as Change Leader implementing changes that benefit Heath Plan.
• Selects and applies appropriate tools to accurately estimate and plan the work of teams or project groups within agreed policies. Produces work plans according to required standards. Works with colleagues to produce/recommend/develop long-term plans.
• Matrix manages cross-functional suppliers: internal resources, outsource partners, contractors, third-party consultants, etc., in delivering solutions.
• Monitors and reports on the progress of the resolution of high impact problems according to established standards. Handles those exceptions that have been referred from below relating to schedules, working methods, resources, staff matters, or technical difficulties. Passes decisions clearly outside scope upward, including proposed solutions whenever appropriate.
• Advises on and justify their current use. Advises on and justifies proposed configuration specifications, strategic plans, and tactical plans, affecting service delivery.
• Directly negotiates with and functions as a liaison between functional partners, users, and suppliers.
• Participates in Quality/Project Management Organization committees.
• Oversee the receipt, selection, submission and progress of organizational projects, works with Senior Leadership as appropriate.
• Directs the development of necessary communications tools (web based digital dashboard, executive project status reporting, etc.).
• Oversees the creation and evaluation of effective project performance and financial metrics.
• Acts as a catalyst to improve the quality and efficiency of the Health Plan
• Ensures Project Management methods produce enhancements and use appropriate change management techniques
• Functions as a consultant for the Health Plan project management delivery according to the PMI methods/tools
• Identifies project interdependencies, risks and barriers and assures appropriate mitigation process
• Leverages business area financial resources to capture and report on necessary project cost/budget/value metrics and resultant benefits
• Escalates program-level risks / issues appropriately
• Tracks and reports project milestones
• Provides a proactive framework for enhancing, instilling and maintaining rigor, control, coordination, consistency, and leadership across project activities
• Improves organizational flexibility with the ability to allocate and focus key resources on key activities
• Improves the ability to make well informed decisions across the project
• Helps ensure “value for effort” through business case development and management
• Links the project to back to business and IT objectives and imperatives
• Initiates plans for the control of labor efficiency, production efficiency, customer service, equipment and program improvements, budget spending and process improvements for the entire department.
• Drives division to work simplification and job enrichment opportunities.
• Reflecting full regard for the Corporate Affirmative Action Program will provide supervisory services to immediate subordinates and indirect supervision to other department staff. Supervisory services will include, but not to be limited to, selection, placement, training, performance appraisal, counseling, rules and regulations, application of approved discipline, punctuality, attendance and recommendations
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
• Conducts periodic staff meetings to include timely distribution and education related to departmental and Ethics/Compliance information.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• BS degree in Business Administration or related field with a PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification and a minimum of 8 years of experience in related area, five of which are project management specific.
• Experience with CMM/SEI a plus.
• Demonstrated Knowledge of SDLC’s (Knowledge with Microsoft Solution Framework a plus).
• Must have demonstrated leadership skills and experience with developing a Project Management Competency center and with the creation of metrics, standards, and governance processes required to manage a PM Competency Center.
• Demonstrated skills in implementing application and process solutions utilizing a structured SDLC.
• Demonstrated skills in developing and achieving project scope, costs, and planning.
• Demonstrated skills in forming and fostering high performance, cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated Delivery of both large-scale Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications and custom developed applications.
• Highly Effective communicator. Writes and speaks fluently on all aspects of work. Communicates effectively with users/customers, colleague’s 2-3 levels up/down and across a range of disciplines, and all levels of management.
• Demonstrated skills in quality principles especially root cause analysis and problem solving.
• Demonstrated experience with Quality principles and tools. Demonstrated business and technical problem solving skills.
• Very strong analytical and business process development skills.
• In-depth knowledge of application delivery, management structures, and reporting procedures.
• Demonstrated experience in integrating enterprise applications.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 22 months ago