The Director of Enterprise Hosting Services is responsible for managing the Global Data Centers and compute sites which houses enterprise applications and key local systems. The Director is fully accountable for providing measured levels of availability, capacity, security, and IT service continuity, while continuing to look for opportunities to reduce cost wherever possible.
- Directs the Global Data Center environment - hardware, software, infrastructure, personnel, and budget.
- Develops, maintains and tests the Disaster Recovery Framework for the center
- Works with regional infrastructure personnel to identify opportunities to move hardware out of local sites and into global or regional data centers
- Researches and identifies new technologies to aid in improving service delivery and/or reducing costs
- Designs, deploys and supports data center infrastructure related deliverables for new applications
- Manages infrastructure / hardware related issues and facilitation resolution of software problems; Provides 24x7 Incident & Problem Management for all Enterprise Hosting based infrastructure / hardware
- Manages all Change and Configuration Management for all Data Center based systems.
- Responsible for infrastructure related Enterprise Architecture; Works with global service delivery team to review / modify hardware standards.
- Manages system infrastructure lifecycles including leasing, hardware maintenance, software licensing and maintenance.
- Manages critical vendor relationships.
- Identifies activities required to support the 3-5 year IT Data Center Strategy.
- Develops processes for IT Demand Management related personnel and hardware resources
- Supports Information Security team to ensure policies are enforced within the Data Center Locations.
- 8+ years of experience in a large corporate IT organization focused on Service Operation including specific knowledge of hardware and software related to servers, storage, computer operations, virtualization, operating systems, networking and IT Service Desks.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT application and infrastructure environments
- Prior experience leading a Global Data Center for an international company
- Experience with data center tools / technology including Monitoring software, configuration management tools, capacity planning etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading and technical breadth of Data Center Design, Build and Operate including HVAC, Power, Cabling, etc..
IT Mgmt (IM)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Jan 22, 2013, 2:39:53 PM