8AM TO 5PM / CB / TWEET / IND123 / MSTR
JOB TITLE: Director, Imaging Services
CC/Department: 7630/Radiology - Diagnostic
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Director of Imaging Services is responsible for managing all Imaging services at Seton Medical Center and Seton Coastside. Responsible for guiding staff members in effective performance of their job duties. Ensures continual effective operations, responsible for the compliance of State and Federal regulations and assesses and improves the quality of imaging services.
· Assumes responsibility for the department’s/services continuous, effective operation and for the improvement if it’s performance
o Manages daily department services.
o Integrates the department/services into the organizations primary functions.
o Integrates and coordinates Imaging services with those of other department services to continuously improve the Medical Center ’s overall performance.
o Coordinates and integrates interdepartmental and intradepartmental services.
o Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of Imaging services.
o Continuously assesses and improves the performance of care and services
o Provides and maintains customer service standards set by the Medical Center and Daughters of Charity. Maintains a quality control/improvement program.
· Determines the qualifications and competence of department personnel who provide patent care, both technical and clerical.
o Orientates and provides inservice training and continuing education to all staff.
o Coaches and disciplines associates.
o Provides associate performance evaluations.
o Communicates organizational information to employees.
o Coordinates employee replacement process.
o Manages department safety program.
· Recommends space and other resources; manages the maintenance programs for all equipment.
o Plans for new technologies and replacement of existing equipment.
o Monitors operational costs and negotiates maintenance contracts.
o Ensures equipment meets State and Federal requirements.
o Ensures equipment is safe for patient use.
· Participates in the selection of sources of needed services not provided by the departments/services or the Medical Center .
· As assigned, participates in additional organizational or professional development projects.
· Assist with development of Performance Improvement Project in each area of responsibility. Assists in the review & analysis of results. Supports action plans developed from analysis.
· Prepares reports for Executives and the Board of Directors as needed.
In collaboration with Supervisor:
· Analyzes statistics and takes appropriate action as necessary.
· Implements cost containment measures when applicable.
· Implement revenue enhancement ideas.
· Demonstrates effective time management.
· Monitors compliance with all applicable external agency regulations.
· Ensures compliance with all personnel to safety standards, Hazardous Materials Management program, Universal Precautions, and Infection Control.
Human Resource Management
· Demonstrates sound management and leadership principles.
· Promotes associate growth and development through effective use of resources.
· Uses effective interviewing skills to hire qualified and compassionate staff.
· Demonstrates awareness of and ability to apply knowledge of current developments in healthcare.
· Ensure Vincentian Values are reflected in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
· Participate in professional organizations and activities.
· Flexes staffing based on the needs of the Medical Center .
· Maintains budget and productivity accountability.
· Implements mechanisms to maintain financial viability of areas of responsibility.
· Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital related communications, documents, and records.
· Maintains clinical and management skills and expands knowledge base through participating in conferences and seminars.
· Performs required duties in accordance with prescribed hospital policies and procedures.
· Maintains an awareness of Hazardous Materials and is compliant with safety and infection control policies.
· In accordance with the mission and philosophy of the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, performs work consistent with the standards of Seton Medical Center , the community, and regulatory agencies.
· Maintains a positive attendance record and is prompt in reporting to work.
· Assesses personal learning needs and utilizes available resources in self?development including new equipment/products used in performance of job.
· Demonstrates active listening skills and treats all contacts with dignity and respect.
· Accomplishes objectives within prescribed time frames by prioritizing and organizing workload.
COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL TO SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE
Commitment to Mission and Values
Believes in the Mission of the Daughters of Charity; demonstrates personal values consistent with the Mission and Philosophy of the organization; promotes organizational culture and development based upon the Vincentian Values.
Takes charge in crises and does whatever it takes to get the job done despite resistance; takes unpopular stands as necessary; faces difficult situations with courage and tenacity; encourages direct and tough debate but ends it and moves on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; enjoys leading.
Knowledgeable of current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and other information affecting the business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Uses good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; demonstrates good management of the creative process of others; facilitates effective brainstorming; projects how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace; is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market.
Sees ahead clearly, anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future-oriented; articulately paints credible pictures and visions of possibilities and alternatives; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Exceeds goals; is consistently a top performer; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly challenges self and others for results.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Is aware of and understands and values of the diverse local environment. Is sensitive to the impact of varying belief systems on patient care and organizational effectiveness.
Spends own time and that of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; quickly senses what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
· Completion of an accredited Radiology program.
· Two - Five years clinical experience.
· Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) (CRT) with 5 years supervisory experience.
· CPR certification
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE :
· Budget preparation experience.
· Knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
· Knowledge in development and maintenance of a quality assurance program.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong ability to multi-task.
· Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Comprehending computer integration issues
· Clear understanding of ICD9 /10 and CPT coding
Adherence to the Mission and Values of Seton Medical Center and the Daughters of Charity Health System:
Daughters of Charity Health System Mission Statement
In the spirit of our founders, St. Vincent de Paul, St. Louise de Marillac, and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, the Daughters of Charity Health System is committed to serving the sick and the poor. With Jesus Christ as our model, we advance and strengthen the healing mission of the Catholic Church by providing comprehensive, excellent healthcare that is compassionate and attentive to the whole person: body, mind and spirit. We promote healthy families, responsible stewardship of the environment, and a just society through value-based relationships and community –based collaboration.
Daughters of Charity Health System – Vincentian Values
Respect – Recognizing our own value and the value of others.
Compassionate Service – Providing excellent care with gentleness and kindness.
Simplicity – Acting with integrity, clarity and honesty.
Advocacy for the Poor – Supporting those who lack resources for a healthy life and full human development.
Inventiveness to Infinity – Being continuously resourceful and creative.
Seton Medical Center is the largest medical/surgical acute care center in Austin. One of four Magnet hospitals in the SETON Healthcare...