NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
**This position can be located either in our Englewood Cliffs, NJ or Los Angeles, CA offices!
The Director, Information Security Detection Operations will be responsible for providing advanced and sophisticated information security event and incident detection leadership and expertise through the deployment and management of next generation detection tools and the introduction of business- and industry-unique operational analytics. This position will be responsible for creating a proactive environment using sophisticated tools, intuitive scripts and next generational auditing applications to enable NBCUniversal to stay abreast of and ahead of real world threats and attacks.
• Work with enterprise, businesses peers, and information security teams to detect, prioritize, and remediate security defects throughout the business life cycle.
• Work with the enterprise information security enterprise training and awareness coordinator to apply lessons learned into priority training opportunities and enable measurement of measurement of the overall training and awareness program.
• Serve as Liaison between Information Security Organization and Program Team developing incident detection and event correlation management support.
• Perform internal event and incident detection assessments as needed; this will involve threat modeling, security design reviews, and advanced and theoretical penetration testing.
• Develop an effective system to collect and report meaningful metrics from security events and incidents identified.
• Develop in, conjunction with NBCUniversal’s and Comcast’s Information Security Organizations, security architecture which supports event and incident transparency and data analysis.
• Design a log collection, management, and analysis standard for adoption across the business and enable modification for new technologies and business applications.
• Work with the Director, Information Security Response Operations, in the cataloging and institutionalizing of detection and remediation of information security events and incidents.
• Work with other team members on other initiatives as appropriate.
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) tools and processes in a technically diverse, multi-tiered business.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working with information security architectures.
• Minimum 3 years working in data analytics.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working with recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies with focus on Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) and Sarbanes Oxley.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in large global environments spanning multiple time-zones.
• Training in Information Security-specific disciplines
• Prior experience performing information security penetration and vulnerability reviews.
NBC Universal - 17 months ago
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of...