The Director, Information Security Response Team will provide day-to-day management for the NBCUniversal Incident Response Team regarding all aspects of the team operations and personnel management. This position will be focused on responding to and defending against information security attacks, coordination with non-NBCUniversal assets, and state and federal law enforcement as may be required.
Working closely with the Chief Information Security Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for participating in the following activities:
1. Manage escalations for critical investigations & serve as the information security focal point for all business incidents and investigations.
2. Coordinate incident response and crisis management activities with the International community, along with U.S. Federal, State & local LEO and government agencies.
3. Coordinate with local and multiple country regulations governing information security and handling of sensitive data.
4. Manage NBCUniversal ISRT operations and investigations according to best practices, maintaining a standard of the highest quality & confidentiality.
5. Mentors other managers, engineers & investigators in security and NBCUniversal ISRT best practices.
6. Coordinate critical, sensitive investigations, assessments & audits spanning multiple geographies.
7. Conduct briefings on sensitive investigations to a broad spectrum of audiences, ranging from Senior Executive management to Government officials to IT Leadership.
8. Represent NBCUniversal in the larger incident response community through participation at security conferences, blog and whitepaper development.
9. Develop and direct implementation of the policies and programs for NBCUniversal’s response to information security incidents.
10. Continue to develop, grow and lead a disparate but federated, company-wide computer security information response team.
11. Develop a company-wide incident reporting process to provide timely metrics about security incidents.
12. Work with other global security operations teams to provide best-in-class monitoring, response, and reporting for network and computer incidents.
13. Develop in-house cyber threat assessment team to quantify and remediate internal and external weaknesses.
The Director, Information Security Response Team must be proficient in a wide range of technologies and be passionate about reducing IT risk and protecting the environment, employees and company assets in all forms.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or commensurate experience
- Must possess strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and group facilitation skills, specifically in large or complex problem setting
- 10+ years of experience in the information technology or incident response area
- Awareness of industry trends and developments
- Hands-on experience developing incident response processes
- Strong technical background in computer systems and networks
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with infrastructure architecture.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of application development, design, architecture and/or testing.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in large global environments spanning multiple time-zones.
- Training in Information Security-specific disciplines.
- Prior experience performing application penetration testing or black box reviews.
Apply to job
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 14 months ago
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT...