About the Company
Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
The Director, Information Technology reports to the Chief Financial Officer and oversees the development, implementation, and use of information technology throughout the company, working closely with the company’s management team to employ appropriate and required technology in the support of company business and manufacturing objectives.
The successful candidate will provide the strategic direction and leadership for the Information Technology department. This position is ultimately responsible for supporting the IT needs and requirements for the operations, production, logistics and staff departments. This position will have interactions with the Executive team, all system users, the production floor, vendors and consultants.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs, implements, and maintains information technology strategies and objectives and monitors performance for members of the production and operations teams.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems (including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals).
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
• Review the operation capital budget planning process, and assure technology is being best implemented in the manufacturing process.
• Understand the business reasons and ROI analysis for IT proposals; and discern the best projects to recommend which impact the company towards its strategic and financial goals.
• Provide expertise and support, as well as hands-on effort as needed, during systems upgrades, installations, conversions and file maintenance.
• Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
• Work with business staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation through the use of technology.
• Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
• Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge.
• Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
• Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
• Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
• Manage financial aspects of the IT Division, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
• Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
• Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
• Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
• Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant relationships, contracts and service agreements.
• Support the Company’s overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
B.S. in computer science or equivalent education and experience, along with advanced technical or managerial credentials preferred. Ten or more years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment and building relationships with business users.
Experience in manufacturing, food production or medical device industry a plus.
Medical, dental and vision benefits
401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan
Paid time off including vacation, personal time and holidays
Education Assistance Program
Life Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability
Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
To be considered for this position:
Submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements.