The Director of Instructional Technology will play a critical role in the (re)design and development of the curriculum and technology underlying Rosetta Stone’s core products as we very quickly evolve away from our traditional format and content (CD and language learning), to more modern forms of distribution (cloud-based, adaptive content delivery to iOS, Android and HTML5). We are committed to delighting our customers with great products, rich features and rock solid performance and quality. We are therefore looking for a stellar candidate who will help refresh our Language Learning product suite.
You and will be responsible for improving the instructional technology that supports Rosetta Stone’s Language Learning products, including our flagship TOTALe and Reflex products. You will implement technological solutions supporting assessment and analytics resulting in optimized course effectiveness and improved student learning outcomes. You will bring your experience in instructional design to help push our second language acquisition product (TOTALe) into intermediate and advanced levels. You will identify and implement major enhancements to our English language learning products (Reflex) and other language learning verticals.
We don't expect you to know all the answers and plan to give you some exciting opportunities to learn. Come join us and help us build better products enabling greater functionality, capabilities, scalability, higher quality, higher customization, higher performance, and lower cost; all for a better customer experience.
If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
The position is full-time and can be based in our DC, San Francisco, Austin or Boulder offices. We will offer relocation assistance to the successful candidate.
- Identify and collaboratively implement technologies that support the achievement of student learning goals.
- Support the development and continual refinement of an innovative, world-class curriculum that delivers measurable results for learners with instructional technology and tools.
- Work collaboratively to quickly implement the global language learning product strategy and vision.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the product team and other internal teams to deliver products to market.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the product department’s ability to meet its strategic and technical goals.
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement instructional technology solutions that facilitate effective learning experiences as well as accurate student assessment.
- A scientifically-minded, data-driven approach to e-learning curriculum design and improvement.
- Experience developing e-learning products for international markets (non-US).
- Adeptness with technology; ability to quickly master new software and systems.
- Ability to take a student-centered approach to course creation.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically.
- Strong team-orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on globally distributed teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Willingness to travel.
- 10+ years work experience in helping students achieve educational goals.
- 5+ years of work experience in instructional technology innovation and implementation.
- Experience in the design and management of e-learning products for a global market.
- Advanced Degree in Instructional Technology or Instructional Design.
- Experience creating foreign language curriculum.
- Proficiency in a language other than English.
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Everything we do at Rosetta Stone revolves around a simple idea: learning a language should be fun, easy and effective.