The group is seeking a Director to serve as the liaison to United Guaranty to support and manage strategic initiatives and other special projects in GAVM. The candidate will also lead a wide ranging set of cross-functional initiatives of ALM and actuarial practice within the department. United Guaranty, a core group company of AIG, provides mortgage guaranty insurance throughout the U.S. that protects lenders against mortgage credit losses. The position is based out of NY, but may require minor traveling from time to time to North Carolina.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and have experience with quantitative and strategic analysis to support business discussions. The role requires working with a diverse group of internal partners to execute various initiatives. This position reports to AIG Head of Insurance Company Capital & Asset Liability Management (ICALM).
• Act as a liaison between the actuarial and insurance capital management functions in United Guaranty and the GAVM team in New York
• Collaborate effectively with actuaries and the finance function in United Guaranty on corporate actuarial review and statutory capital projection review
• Collaborate effectively with actuaries, AMG, and the finance function in United Guaranty key initiatives to enhance liability modeling analytics, firm-wide consolidated asset liability management initiatives, and value based management that will drive corporate decision making
• Identify strategic opportunities and provide analysis and actionable recommendations to senior management
• Work with subject matter experts across different businesses under AIG or external parties to gather and present relevant information
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline; Graduate degree preferred; P&C actuarial credential a plus
• 10-15 years of experience in the financial / mortgage insurance / consulting industry
• Highly motivated, strong quantitative skills and broad knowledge of capital markets. CFA a plus
• Familiarity with mortgage related structured products and other securitization analytics
• Experiences with finance, investment, ALM, capital management, risk management, etc. a plus
• Strong quantitative, communication, project management and leadership skills
• Ability to foster teamwork and relationships across organizational lines
• Self starter and independent problem solving skills
American International Group - 2 years ago
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...