Sirius XM Holdings Inc. is the largest radio broadcaster measured by revenue and has 25.6 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and broadcasts commercial-free music; premier sports and live events; news and comedy; exclusive talk and entertainment; and the most comprehensive lineup of Latin commercial-free music, sports, and talk programming in radio. SiriusXM content is available via satellite and through the SiriusXM Internet Radio app for smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com . SiriusXM Internet Radio listeners can personalize SiriusXM’s expertly curated commercial-free music channels using MySXM and listen to thousands of hours of programming on demand using SiriusXM On Demand .
SiriusXM is also one of the world's largest pure-play audio entertainment companies and is among the largest subscription media companies in the United States, offering an impressive array of exclusive content that spans virtually all genres and interests, including Howard Stern , Oprah Winfrey , Dr. Laura , Michael Smerconish , Jamie Foxx , Opie & Anthony , Bob Edwards , Coach K , John Madden , Chris "Mad Dog" Russo , Cristina Saralegui , Eddie "Piolín" Sotelo , Comedy Central , Entertainment Weekly , Jimmy Buffett , Elvis , Eminem , Grateful Dead , B.B. King , Willie Nelson , Ozzy Osbourne , Pearl Jam , Pink Floyd , Tom Petty , Frank Sinatra , Bruce Springsteen , and Tiësto . SiriusXM is the ultimate destination for sports fans, offering listeners sports talk and live play-by-play from the NFL , Major League Baseball ®, NASCAR ®, NBA , NHL ®, PGA TOUR ®, IZOD IndyCar® Series , FORMULA 1 , soccer, college sports , and more.
SiriusXM has arrangements with every major automaker for installation of satellite radio in their vehicles. SiriusXM products for cars, the home or office are available through shop.siriusxm.com and at retail locations nationwide.
SiriusXM is also a leading provider of telematics and connected vehicles services, providing safety, security and convenience services to a host of major automotive manufacturers.
SiriusXM also provides premium traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers in cars, trucks, RVs, boats and aircraft through SiriusXM Traffic ™, SiriusXM Travel Link , NavTraffic ®, Nav Weather ™, SiriusXM Aviation, Sirius Marine ™, Sirius Marine Weather, XMWX Aviation, and XMWX Marine™.
SiriusXM also holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has more than 2 million subscribers.
On social media, join the SiriusXM community on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , and YouTube .
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. SiriusXM is committed to integrity, excellence, and diversity among its employees .
SiriusXM is seeking an Internal Audit Director with primary responsibilities for managing and performing both Internal Audit and Sarbanes Oxley Compliance activities. The incumbent’s primary focus will be on the company’s Financial Reporting, Accounting, and Information Technology (IT) business functions but s/he will also be exposed to other areas and initiatives across the company.
Job Responsibilities and Activities :
- Lead day-to-day Internal Audit Department activities in the performance and management of internal audits, Sarbanes Oxley compliance activities, and management of special projects, primarily financial reporting/accounting and IT related.
- Assist SVP, Internal Audit in the development of the annual audit plan, strategy and budget to insure coverage of physical and financial assets and risks and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements.
- Assist SVP in the performance and delivery of an annual enterprise-wide Risk Assessment. Lead IA’s performance and delivery of an annual IT related Risk Assessment
- Lead the assessment, tracking, and reporting of all Sarbanes-Oxley testing results including control deficiencies. Act as Internal Audit’s primary liaison with the Company’s process owners, management and external auditors on all Sarbanes Oxley related matters
- Primary responsibility for the Internal Audit Department’s leading and delivering on all audit phases and administration, including audit program design, audit budget development, audit report preparation and audit finding follow up for financial reporting and IT related audits.
- Partner with management to identify risks, develop action plans and monitor completion.
- Significantly contribute towards building Internal Audit’s knowledge, technical tools and capabilities at the individual and team level, manage audit team members and third party resources to ensure teams are effectively and efficiently utilized.
- Discuss audit issues with management, and lead efforts in formulating recommendations for process improvements and control gap remediation identified during Sarbanes Oxley and Financial reporting/Accounting and IT Related audits.
- Provide significant support and input related to the management and development of Internal Audit resources including training, performance evaluation and career development.
- Prepare staff evaluations for SVP, Internal Audit review upon completion of audit assignments.
- Provide thought leadership and play a significant role in developing framework, methodology, programs and tools around new audit areas. Research and develop new, better approaches in order to improve Internal Audit’s effectiveness.
- This position has no direct reports, but will oversee third party audit resources as well as manage audits and special projects.
- 10+ Years of combined External/Internal Audit, relevant operational and IT experience with at least 3-5 years at a Big Four Public Accounting Firm.
- Background in Subscriber Management preferred, Media and Entertainment experience desired.
- CPA required
- CISA and/or MBA highly desired.
- BA/BS in related field required. Advanced degree highly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft office suite.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Sirius XM Radio - 11 months ago
You might say radio programming from this company comes from a higher plane. SIRIUS XM Radio operates satellite radio systems under the...