The Rubicon Project is a leading technology company automating the buying and selling of advertising globally. REVV, the industry ’s largest independent technology platform is used by more than 500 of the world ’s premium publishers to transact with more than 100,000 advertisers across a massive marketplace that powers more than 180 billion ad trades per month. |
The Director of Internal Audit will be responsible for the overall management of the Company ’s internal audit function. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Director of Internal Audit will design and manage the overall direction, structure, policies and programs of the internal audit function, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, operational / financial / compliance audits and other internal audit activities.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive audit program that is responsive to the operational, financial and control risks within the Company.
- Conduct the company°s annual Enterprise Risk Assessment and present findings to senior management. Maintain an ongoing enterprise risk monitoring process and publish semi-annual updates.
- Plan, design and execute SOX 404 compliance activities and other internal audit activities. This may include documenting business processes and procedures, assessing the design of internal controls, selection of key controls, testing the effectiveness of key controls, facilitating remediation, and communicating the results of the audits through presentations to management and formal internal audit report issuance.
- Identify opportunities to enhance control and compliance within the organization, such that the risks are reduced and mitigated to acceptable levels throughout the organization.
- Serve as liaison with external auditors, accounting, IT and management to ensure proper audit coverage, elimination of duplication of effort, and improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.Assist the company in identifying and implementing operational efficiencies identified through control work or specific internal audit projects.
- Perform follow-up activities for outstanding internal audit issues to ensure that corrective actions are implemented as planned.
- Evaluate, select and manage external consultants and services providers and evaluate material resource requirements.
- Develop the annual internal audit plan, and related department budget, including ROI/risk mitigation justification as applicable, as well as establish the annual calendar of activities to ensure project completion (and SEC reporting requirements, as applicable) are completed on a timely manner.
- Keeps management abreast of any updates to the regulatory environment.
- Take on special projects and initiatives as directed by senior management.
- Assist process owners and the company in general develop a culture of risk awareness, cost-effective risk mitigation, and transparency
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field along with 8+ years of public accounting experience with a Big Four firm or large regional firm.
- CPA / CIA / CISA and other audit related certifications highly desired.
- Experience in technology or sophisticated IT environment preferred
- Solid understanding of SOX 302/404 requirements.
- Prior experience in implementing SOX 404 in a corporate setting highly desired.
- Proven ability to apply internal auditing/accounting principles and practices.
- Proven ability to provide creative recommendations and to work with others to lead and affect process change and improvement.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter who takes ownership of projects and tasks.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; must be able to communicate ideas effectively and concisely with all levels of management and eventually with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- High proficiency in applications and other business software that may be used in the internal audit process, particularly Microsoft Visio
- Prior experience with assessing and remediating controls in international environments is desired
- Experience with controls in a tier 1 ERP environment desired, Oracle experience is a plus
- Experience with task and reconciliation software (e.g. Blackline) is a plus