The Director, International Business Asia/Japan serves as Director and liaison for the Hong and Japan St. John offices and corresponding retail partners. Works directly with the Vice President of Strategic Planning and Business Development to maximize the productivity of the local offices and build/implement a long term growth strategy. In addition, develops a full understanding of the market to proactively assess market needs, brings them to the attention of the corporate team and sees them through to fulfillment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees a full study of the market in partnership with local offices to include competitive analysis, retail benchmarking, non-apparel category penetration, competition and pricing and provides retail news updates to VP in a timely manner.
- Prior to each market, develops the sales strategy for each country with a focus on maximizing sales and introduction of new categories to concentrate on customer retention and new customer development.
- Prepares agendas for meetings with retail business partners and attends / facilitate meetings; develop business relationships with said partners.
- Directs the buyers/sales teams to assure the brand is being purchased as it was intended to be represented at retail by corporate.
- Facilitates all necessary meetings between visiting sales office members and HQ internal partners.
- Develops a strategy to revitalize the brand with a focus on both “win back” and new customer development.
- Works with the local offices to identify market drivers that are not currently in the line backed by actual sales data and analysis. Works closely with Director, International Business for Europe/ROW to develop cross regional styles to meet critical mass at development.
- Provides a monthly recap to VP of International on all aspects of the business including Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Sales and Development
- Makes recommendations for improvements in the business based on trend analysis
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
- Travel required as necessary
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Model the “St. John Way”
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
· Business Acumen
· Client Focused
· Embraces Change
· Honesty and Integrity
· Results Oriented
· Solution Oriented
· Time Management
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Competent with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous Movex and Crystal programs experience preferred
The patron saint of tailored attire, St. John Knits International has clothed some of the nation's most couture-worthy women, including...