POSITION TITLE: Director, Investor Relations
REPORTING TO: SVP, Treasury
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
THE COMPANY: Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NYSE: FTR) is one of the largest communications service providers and phone companies in the U.S. Frontier provides customers access to local and long-distance telephone service, Internet access, wireless Internet access, digital phone, DISH satellite TV and the latest proven services and technologies. Frontier is led by an entrepreneurial and experienced executive team committed to providing customers with the best customer experience. We serve primarily rural and suburban areas; these communities offer a great quality of life and we offer them connectivity, a local workforce and a commitment to their continued growth and prosperity. We support our communities through philanthropy and participate in a variety of major community events.
The Director of Investor Relations will oversee the strategic planning, development and coordination of all investor relation programs ensuring a consistent corporate image is presented to analysts, institutional investors, shareholders, customers and employees. Manage the relevant resources to support the internal and external IR activities. Manage market, investor, and media expectations from a short-term and long-term perspective and in accordance with regulatory requirements. Advise senior FTR management and the Board of Directors on Investor Relations issues, investor reactions and expectations, competitive analysis, and FTR valuation. Maintain and expand relationships with current FTR shareholders and strategically target new. Develop integrity with this core constituency and become their primary contact for industry information. Maintain and expand relationships with sell-side equity and credit research analysts, industry analysts, and other capital markets participants. Maintain and expand relationships with key reporters and journalists to ensure active and accurate representation of FTR in numerous media outlets. Support senior management interaction with the SEC, debt rating agencies, auditors, and other compliance requirements. Enforce corporate disclosure policy for personal interaction and external financial communications, and implement a process for complying with selective disclosure requirements.
50% Respond quickly to investor inquiries with thoughtful answers that satisfy the investor and maintain FTR's corporate message. Demonstrate deep understanding of industry fundamentals and communicate the drivers that impact sort-term and long-term results.
15% Coordinate access to senior management by key institutional investors, and prep management regarding specific investors to maximize the productivity of meetings.
10% Advise senior FTR management of ongoing investor consensus. Draft earnings call scripts and provide a pre-earnings draft of likely investor questions and responses.
5% Collaborate with senior management in the writing of quarterly earnings releases, periodic news, and quarterly MD&A in SEC filings.
5% Actively manage the quality and quantity of content in the Investor Relations section of the website, and maintain its high utility for analysts.
5% Oversee shareholder services during the transition of equity base during corporate acquisitions.
10% Maintain ongoing database of sector public valuation, public and private company M&A, and competitive market share analysis. Communicate analysis to management on a frequent basis.
- Outstanding communications and presentation skills in public, group, and one-on-one forums. Must demonstrate an ability to manage, serve, influence, and persuade multiple constituencies.
- Excellent personal communication skills and experience in delivering communications in written, web and other mediums to a multiple location and multi-cultured workforce.
- Team player with strong individual work ethic and ability to perform under significant pressure.
- Strategic thinker regarding FTR position in the rapidly changing communications landscape. Ability to engage in interesting dialog with investors, anticipate their key issues, and frame discussion with FTR corporate message. Ability to synthesize numerous pieces of information and succinctly communicate key takeaways to FTR senior management and Board.
- Must manage complex cycle of inbound investor requests, outbound shareholder marketing, quarterly reporting, forecasting, budgeting, compliance, competitive analysis, presentations, and compliance.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with institutional investors, publicly traded companies, and corporate financial forecasting and valuation. Telecommunications sector experience preferred.
- Demonstrated network of institutional investors, sell-side equity and debt analysts, and news media.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly analyze and present strategic, corporate, and industry developments as they relate to FTR.
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance, accounting, and all key aspects of the legal and regulatory environment.
- BA or BS. MBA in Finance preferred.
The role is based at FTR's corporate headquarters in Stamford, CT. The role will require periodic travel to meet with investors and attend investor conferences throughout the U.S.
Frontier Communications - 2 years ago
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) offers voice, broadband, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, data security...