Consumer Reports is an expert, independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves. Our National Testing and Research Center, in Yonkers, N.Y., is the largest nonprofit educational and consumer product testing center in the world. We are a comprehensive source for unbiased advice about products and services, personal finance, health and nutrition, and other consumer concerns. Our diverse staff of scientists, editors, and consumer advocates provide in-depth and timely information on issues that affect everyone in this country.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director of Learning & Development will serve as the subject matter expert for Consumer Reports structured and collaborative learning and development approach that focuses on delivering high quality, cost effective services that enhance productivity and reduce costs. The Director will manage solutions that increase organizational capability through training and systems support in Leadership and Team Effectiveness, Performance Management, Career Development and Change Management. He/she will also be responsible for directing the integration of performance management processes, systems and tools. The Director will manage the learning and development budget, as well as assigned third-party training and development resources
- 5 to 10 years of experience in several different functional areas of Human Resources with at least one year in a Learning and Development role.
- Line Management experience preferred.
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external relationships.
- Results-driven orientation; collaborative, hands-on approach to getting things done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to educate and respond to others in a clear and succinct manner.
- Must have strong knowledge of and experience in office productivity software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and related tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Human Resources Development or related field; Advanced degree highly desirable.
Program Design and Delivery:
- Manage the development of new training and development programs that support the strategic direction of Consumer Reports; develop, maintain and support training curriculum and calendar.
- Support the development of organization-wide processes and tools for managing performance, development and succession initiatives; oversee individual development planning to support high potentials and succession planning.
- Collaborate with other members of the Human Resources Team to maintain the performance management and individual development process including tools, instructions and annual communications process to the organization.
- Manage and deliver core training curriculum programs for the organization; manage assigned resources including training specialists, third party vendors and budgets.
- Design and manage the Consumer Reports Coaching Program to supplement and accelerate individual and team development aligned with Consumer Reports key competencies and succession plan.
Learning and Development Metrics:
- Utilize appropriate tools for analyzing, improving and managing performance in the workplace through the appropriate use of interventions.
- Manage the gathering of feedback from participants on learning intervention effectiveness; report trends and suggest solutions that drive continuous improvement. Learning and Development Strategy:
- Assist Human Resources leaders to identify critical business issues and design intervention solutions that support the business strategy.
- Support and manage the development of appropriate learning interventions, identify appropriate number of support resources including consultants or other team members; manage the implementation plan and budget, and the development of the communications plan.
Technology and Program Assessment:
- Manage the identification, implementation and maintenance of learning and development technologies.
- Continuously look for opportunities to incorporate new technologies for learning management, web-based training, and online assessment and development.
Consumers Reports is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Consumer Reports does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, religion, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status and any other category covered by applicable law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application or interview process should notify a Consumer Reports Human Resources representative.
- 21 months ago - save job