This is an exciting opportunity for marketing professionals to lead in and influence a dynamic landscape working with the industry leader in this space. This will involve marketing Cisco’s data center and cloud networking portfolio with a focus on virtual networking, Layer 4-7 services and several aspects of open networking and software-defined networking (SDN) technologies.
Title: Director, Market Management, Data Center and Cloud Networking
San Jose, California
Global Marketing & Corporate Communication (GMCC), DCC-Data Center & Cloud Networking Market Management team seeks an experienced leader to be part of Cisco’s data center, virtualization and cloud networking team with a focus on driving open networking solutions including emerging software defined-networking (SDN) as part of Cisco’s Open Network Environment (ONE) strategy.
• Lead a dynamic team responsible for developing marketing content, messaging for areas of virtualization, cloud computing, open networking and SDN
• Serve as internal and external evangelist with the ability to garner mindshare
• Interact with customers, sales, channel partners and serve as a spokesperson with industry analysts and media
• Craft and deliver audience-specific messages
• Portfolio positioning across Cisco and across the competitive landscape
• Work with internal and external executive level stakeholders to position portfolio across Cisco and competitive landscape
• At least 15+ years of experience in the areas of marketing in hi-tech environments
• Excellent communication, messaging and collaboration skills in a matrixed organization
• Should have managed mid-sized teams for at least 5 years
• Strong balance of business and technology acumen
• Ability to crisply articulate value proposition of different technologies and to abstract simplicity from complex concepts is essential
• Blogging skills and proficiency in social media a plus
Technology/Engineering degree, MBA (preferred)
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...