Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FLI)
is an innovative, growth-oriented prescription pharmaceutical company focused on developing top-quality therapies that help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. We take pride in meeting our business objectives and expanding our product franchises, but we also derive satisfaction in helping to bring relief to people who are suffering. Our products treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia, and we keep a focused eye on the future with a robust pipeline of compounds at virtually every stage of development. With headquarters in New York City and operations in New Jersey, Long Island, Missouri, Ohio, California, Ireland and the U.K, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
The Director, Market Research, is responsible for providing a high level of evidence-based, strategic guidance for brand and senior management on assigned brands and therapeutic areas. The Director manages a small team of MR Managers responsible assigned to specific Brands. Through the direction of primary and secondary market research, competitive intelligence and business analyses, the Director ensures that marketing and business decision-making is supported by timely, accurate and cost-effective data and analysis. The Director also maintains a vigilant watch over the health of his/her assigned brands, alerting brand management and corporate executives of emerging opportunities and threats, as discerned through insightful integration of the array of marketplace data, primary research and competitive intelligence at his/her disposal. His/her expertise is respected and sought by all levels of management throughout the organization, and he/she is a participant in all discussions on assigned brand and therapeutic market strategy development. Finally, the Director ensures for the coaching and development of direct reports, and for the growth of the MR Department.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Based on a deep understanding of core Brand business issues, guide primary and secondary market research design, execution and and reporting for portfolio of Brands.
- Combine deep knowledge of research findings (primary and secondary) along with strong influencing skills to guide Brand business decisions in support of annual objectives.
- Serves as a consultative, trusted advisor to Brand leadership by providing fresh insights based on facts and data gained through primary and secondary research.
- Leads the development and management of an annual market research plan and budget for assigned brands.
Coach and manage assigned staff to optimize current performance and ensures development of needed skills and capabilities for the future.
- Team with other members of the market research department on special projects related to specific business issues or cross-product initiatives, providing leadership on these projects as needed.
Minimum qualifications to be considered for this position:
- An undergraduate degree is required
- An advanced degree in a relevant area is highly desirable, but not required.
- A minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical industry work experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a market research role focused on HCPs within a Pharmaceutical/Biotech Company is required
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in market research is required.
- Fluency in the use of a wide range of secondary data sources including, but not limited to: standard sales, prescription, medical, and promotional audits, as well as general business and pharmaceutical industry sources of intelligence is required.
- Strong knowledge of the design and conduct of a broad array of primary market research approaches, both quantitative and qualitative, of all degrees of sophistication is also required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of assigned therapeutic areas (medical practice, products, competitors and market dynamics) as well as a broad understanding of US healthcare and pharmaceutical industry issues and trends, which he/she routinely integrates into strategies for assigned brands is required
- A highly developed ability to frame and communicate issues in strategic terms, excellent consultative skills and good business sense is required.
- Fluency in Excel and in PowerPoint is also required.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. - 18 months ago
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...