MBA or equivalent with experience in product management, product marketing, or business development in software companies.
About the Job
This position plays a critical role in defining commercialization opportunities and strategies for early stage software technologies developed at PARC. The ideal candidate brings a combination of successful experience in commercializing new products and technologies, strong analytical and communications skills, and a collaborative work style.
- Provide strategic guidance to research organizations in new technology commercialization
- Analyze markets and competitive landscape to define new technology/service offerings with strong product-market fit and differentiated value propositions
- Validate opportunities and value propositions by interacting with potential clients, partners, and domain experts, including developing pilot projects
- Work with Business Development to support client interactions throughout the sales cycle to accelerate deal closing
- Work with Marketing to qualify leads, and develop sales and marketing collateral and related thought leadership content delivered through a variety of marketing channels including participating in tradeshows and events
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in product management, product marketing, or business development in a software company
- Experience creating MRD/PRD or equivalent requirements documents
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Experience commercializing early-stage technology and engaging with customers to define & validate solution requirements
- Strong understanding of software business models
- Experience working with agile methodologies in new product development
- Technical undergraduate degree or technical work experience a plus
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (seehttp://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/ ).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC, a Xerox company - 18 months ago