As our Director of Marketing you will be focusing on all the following areas of expertise. You will drive the strategic thinking creating 3rd party partnerships, content and PR for enhanced exposure and awareness of the Prizes and the Foundation. Your multi-tasking skills will be challenged as you oversee the strategic plan development, implementation and execution of XPRIZE Foundation (XPF) Prize launches. You will leverage and elevate the success of past and present XPRIZE Prizes and demonstrate your knack for creatively executing Prize launches that increase the Foundation’s industry and consumer awareness and ultimate fundraising success.
Strategic Thinking, Planning, and Communication
* Owner and author of strategic Prize marketing plans and programs. Lead relationsip with stakeholders and collaborate with them to elicit salient information in order to deliver a detailed, annual operating plan.
- Plan must address: audiences and action levers (Know, Feel, Do); grid of bi-monthly deliverables; identify conferences and complimentary creative materials; budget and prize timeline; press plan (in tandem with Director of PR) that focuses on Tier 1 media in addition to Industry; content plan and editorial calendar for social media (SM) (in tandem with VP Content).
* Leverage the Foundation Marketing Plan to focus on overall performance of marketing activities on the Prizes. Create and use metrics/ KPI's to guide and gauge impact and focus of the marketing programs and investments.
* Conduct bi-monthly meetings with Prize leads to review the larger, strategic marketing plan and the monthly plan and the monthly tactical results and drivers.
* Have a point of view on what drives the business and elements of success within the marketing mix - PR, content, social media, events, strategic 3rd party partnerships, curated content, events/trade shows, website, newsletter, spokespeople, etc.
* Assist the SVP of MARCOM in preparing the annual budgeting and reforecasting process to ensure alignment with strategic objectives for the Foundation and indivudual prizes.
* Draft contracts, scope of work, and requests for approval documents to partner with vendors where appropriate in order to create deliverables and meet deadlines.
* Monitor trends in the prize-relevant sphere and set event strategies that capitalize on external opportunities.
* Work within prize budgets, tracking expenses and meeting timelines.
* Research opportunities to align with outside trade partners, NGO's media efforts.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Events on each event to develop event strategies targeting specific market audiences to achieve goals of each event.
- Develop a PR and content strategy for each Prize in collaboration with the heads of the departments, and create an event activation plan to compliment the strategy.
- Track other trade partners and NGO’s (non-governmental organization) and their events, as well as the work they are doing in the prize-related field in order to explore possibilities of aligning with them for an event.
- Support Director of Public Relations by compiling and analyzing all data relating to media goals and outcomes of Prize life.
- Consistent post-event media evaluation with review against pre-established objectives and metrics for success.
- Undergraduate degree a must, MBA preferred
- Creative intuition and know how in PR and event strategy
- Effective communicator both verbally and written. Respects the notion of over communicating to guarantee thorough execution. Keeps internal teams apprised of status via meetings and memos
- Exceptional team player with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders who may come from a variety of different fields and expertise
- P&L management and exceptional budgeting skills
- Significant experience in supporting clients with plans, budgets and milestone and metric reporting
- Experience with creative brief and “RFP” request for proposal processes, drafting, and managing
- Ability to multi-task several projects in extreme detail
- Able to work well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Exceptional work ethic and strong integrity
- Attention to detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Cooperative – Job requires being a leader and collegial. Must be experienced and effective with high profile personalities
- Ability to create compelling strategic plans, work plans and design documents.
- Clear and precise written and verbal communication skills. (Writing samples and marketing plans will be requested.)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office Suite, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint; MAC Keynote
PERSONAL ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- MBA preferred from a Top 20 School.
- Career experience at a CPG type company and then left for an e-commerce type experience
- Combination of traditional, offline marketing with online, digital background
- Knowledge of and experience in corporate and private philanthropy and/or non-profit foundations;
- Interest in breakthrough innovation in general
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to develop projects, completes tasks on time, solves roadblocks and address issues before they become problems
- Collaborative approach and appreciation/enjoyment working as part of a team;
- Exceptional organizational abilities and aggressive attention to detail;
- Rigorous time management;
- Ability to thrive and think creatively and calmly in highly fluid situations and under intense schedules, pressure & deadlines
- Prioritization skills and ability to multi-task
- Personable, professional and calm demeanor
- Patience and flexibility
- Incredible interpersonal skills and can-do attitude
- Sense of humor and ability to balance comments made from a variety of disciplines
- Belief that a small group of motivated individuals can truly change the world for the better
- Willingness to think and act creatively
The XPRIZE Foundation is an educational (501c3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring about radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity, thereby inspiring the formation of new industries and the revitalization of markets that are currently stuck due to existing failures or a commonly held belief that a solution is not possible. The Foundation addresses the world’s Grand Challenges by creating and managing large-scale, high-profile, incentivized prize competitions that stimulate investment in research and development worth far more than the prize itself. It motivates and inspires brilliant innovators from all disciplines to leverage their intellectual and financial capital.
Founded in 1995, the XPRIZE Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the leading organization solving the world’s Grand Challenges by creating and managing large-scale, high-profile, incentivized prize competitions that stimulate investment in research and development worth far more than the prize itself. The organization motivates and inspires brilliant innovators from all disciplines to leverage their intellectual and financial capital for the benefit of humanity. The XPRIZE Foundation conducts competitions in five Prize Groups: Education; Exploration; Energy & Environment; Global Development; and Life Sciences. Prizes won include the $10 million Ansari XPRIZE for private, suborbital space flight; the $10 million Progressive Insurance Automotive XPRIZE for creating safe, affordable, production-capable vehicles that exceed 100 MPGe (energy equivalent); the $2 million Northrop Grumman Lunar Lander X CHALLENGE for advanced rocket development; and the $1.4 million Wendy Schmidt Oil Cleanup X CHALLENGE for highly effective, ocean surface oil spill cleanup methods. Active prizes include the $30 million Google Lunar X PRIZE, the $10 million Archon Genomics XPRIZE presented by Express Scripts, and the $10 million Qualcomm Tricorder XPRIZE, and the $2.25 million Nokia Sensing X CHALLENGE. For more information, go to www.xprize.org
XPRIZE and YOU
We offer a full range of employment benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and employee assistance programs. Most of our benefits are open to regular full-time employees and their spouses and or domestic partners. Along with these benefits we offer a competitive salary, a year-end discretionary bonus program, and a generous paid vacation and sick day program.
Our goals are as lofty as they come; where only through entrepreneurial persistence and visionary thinking are solutions to seemingly insurmountable social, technological and environmental issues made possible. While we externally strive to create a better world, we are internally working to build a culture that supports the kind of passionate, forward thinking people we need to help deliver radical breakthrough solutions to today's most critical and meaningful challenges.
To this end, we are innovating together in our new cutting edge work environment in Culver City, CA to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity.
X Prize Foundation - 5 months ago