The Director, Marketing Communications will develop and execute ecoATM’s communications strategy as well as the tactical planning and execution for targeted communications for consumers, media outlets, regulators and law enforcement agencies, retail operators, ecoATM employees, and parent company executives. This individual will maintain constant communications with key industry decision makers, manage the company’s conference appearances and events, generate speaking opportunities for relevant team members, and elevate the industry’s perception of ecoATM and help establish it as a partner of choice.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who possesses excellent leadership, project management, organizational, consumer focused innovation, and communication skills.
ecoATM has set out to forever alter the wasteful lifecycle of consumer electronics by automating the inspection and buy-back of these devices directly from consumers. ecoATM’s revolutionary eCycling stations (reminiscent of an ATM machine) provides cash to consumers for their used electronics by simply placing it in the ecoATM for automated inspection and testing.
For more information, please visit our website at www.ecoatm.com
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience :
- Own, design, plan, and execute the communication strategy including the definition of strategic phases and associated objectives.
- Lead the overall creation and maintenance of audience segmentation, messaging frameworks, communication vehicles, crisis communications and communications governance.
- Create and execute programs targeted at local law enforcement agencies, municipal governments, and retail location operators to position ecoATM as a valuable resource for communities.
- Own the design and execution of consumer outreach activities focused on relevance, adding value to the brand and evolving relationships with the consumer.
- Own the design and execution of the media placement strategy; manage media interviews and article placements; coordinate interviews to be conducted between representatives of our parent company and ecoATM.
- Lead media, trade and industry relations activities for ecoATM, partnering with Investor Relations for Outerwall when necessary.
- Manage ecoATMs presence at conferences and trade shows to showcase the company to our core audiences.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to designated public relations and corporate communications.
- Drive message development to prospective external partners and suppliers, in collaboration with the Marketing, Product Management and Technology teams.
- Provide ongoing engagement and communications counsel to ecoATM’s executive team and spokespeople
- Lead and execute internal communications
ecoATM, Redbox®, Coinstar® and the new Rubi® coffee kiosk are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. As part of Outerwall’s growing portfolio of products and services, they’re redefining retail—making everyday life a little simpler and better. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
- Work directly with media and internal clients at all levels, including senior company management
- Highly developed verbal, written and presentation skills, as well as tact and diplomacy
- Proven experience managing, leading, driving and measuring virtual teams toward common goal, including agency and budget management
- Advanced project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced, ever-changing business environment
- Demonstrated experience with executive level presentations
- Ability to interact with executives with confidence, and provide advice on their communications that reflect an understanding of their business and leadership style
- High level of integrity; ability to preserve the confidentiality of sensitive information
- BA or BS required preferably in Communications, Marketing, English, Business, or related field; MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of public relations experience in roles that have driven brand understanding and positive public perception of companies, products and services
- 5+ years of experience launching new products that have the potential to disrupt existing business realities
Grow your career at Outerwall with an exciting brand like ecoATM, Coinstar, Redbox and Rubi!
Redbox - 14 months ago
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...