The role of the Director, Marketing Communications will be to have global responsibility of creating and executing the marketing communication strategy across ACTIVE Network’s technology business ensure alignment on the roll out of the brand guidelines, as well as corporate, market, and product positioning, messages and communications across the company.
Lead and manage global branding, graphic communications, and e-media strategies. Utilize internal and external resources to craft and communicate branding initiatives.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE Position reports to: VP, Marketing
The Marketing Communications team is focused on three key areas: Brand Management, Campaign Management, and Creative Strategy. As the Director, you will cross-functionally lead these areas of focus through:
- Manage the brand function and lead brand strategy by ensuring it aligns with company vision and brand promise.
- Build the ACTIVE Network brand experience across all internal and external touch-points.
- Lead the creation and execution of all brand experiences, including tradeshow and event experiences as well as multimedia experiences.
- Drive the marketing communications strategy across the organization for prospects, customer, and consumer marketing applications.
- Manage the brand and insure standards are maintained across functional areas including Sales, Product/Technology, HR, Operations and Customer Support.
- Establish global messaging and style guidelines and monitors planning and implementation for activities related to sales, marketing, and trade meetings and events with a global audience.
- Deliver periodic tangible metrics associated with budget, branding, and communications performance.
- Create and rollout ACTIVE Network umbrella marketing campaigns that can be leveraged across all customer groups and markets.
- Drive proactive and continuous communication among business partners to ensure informed involvement on corporate-wide marketing and branding initiatives.
- Work closely with the marketing, sales, and product teams at strategic and tactical levels for strategic planning, messaging, and project execution.
- Partner with internal product marketing and sales groups to maximize the product offerings and create compelling, universal positioning and value proposition messages for all products and services.
- Lead a team of campaign managers to drive market specific campaign development and deployment through creating and executing product/market-specific marketing plans, and launch and migration plans.
- Manage the execution of campaigns through leading the development of marketing communications materials and managing the execution cross functionally through SMEs.
- Report on Campaign Success at conclusion of each campaign as well as quarterly.
- In partnership with the creative director, set the creative foundation for all marketing applications. Insure that we are delivering on our positioning and messaging strategy in an authentic way across all our customer groups and markets.
- Drive high quality creative development and execution standards in support of the brands and related products.
- Utilize internal and external resources to craft and communicate branding initiatives.
- Oversee creative strategy across all customer focused websites, marketing materials, and provide input into brand experiences and events.
- Demonstrated ability to affect a company’s brand image and recognition globally.
- Strong understanding of the competitive and strategic environment within the SAAS based technology industry.
- Ability to shape and drive strategy, lead projects and initiatives, and manage a staff in a matrixed environment.
- Proven ability to engage in financial decision making from a marketing communications and branding perspective and develop strategic initiatives to drive greater profitability.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Will present to diverse audiences, work cross-functionally for results and collaborate with external partners.
- Experience in copywriting, event planning, e-commerce, e -marketing, and media and agency interaction
- Must have a style that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organization.
- Marketing experience within one or more of the following public organizations required: technology or software companies, lifestyle consumer brands, media entity.
- Ability to travel
S/he has wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
S/he leads complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. S/he also exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Proven ability to develop current staff and recruit new talent.
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree in related discipline. Must have a demonstrated ability to develop and lead the execution of complex strategic marketing plans.
The Active Network, Inc - 9 months ago