Provide global management oversight and direction (including strategy and tactics) for the Global WCT Corporate Marketing function (which includes both Late Phase and Early Phase/Bioanalytical Sciences businesses). Encompasses a variety of activities including brand and strategy development, agency interaction, advertising, digitial messaging (including website), budgeting, tradeshow support, sales and marketing tactical support, and liason with cross-function internal stakeholders supporting sales and marketing efforts. Serve as a resource and provide support, guidance, and direction to all functional team members in developing strategies for dealing with difficult and complex issues. Facilitate the professional growth of staff through individual development plans, continuing education, and coaching and feedback. Serve as an internal resource regarding commerical and marketing implications of business development activities and operational services/processes. Manage growth of the team to meet business needs.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
Trade shows and medical meetings
- Global management/oversight of corporate marketing team team
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with global business development and operations leaders and teams
- Accountable for all marketing strategies and tactics
Advertising plan and follow up
New advertising campaigns; print and digital
Website updates and SEO/SEM
Development of key meesages including features and benefites for all service functions and therapeutic areas as well as WCT business overall
Enlist freelance staff to meet specific needs, when applicable
Provide support and serve as a resource to team members in identifying short and long-term career interests, preparing individual development plans, and pursuing career progression opportunities.
- Work closely across all functional departments (business development, clinical operations, data services, M&SA, finance) to ensure consistent messaging and connectivity of marketing initiatives to all other internal and external business needs (including WCT Early Phase)
- Work closely with outside marketing agency to support brand enhancment
- Support the development and enhacement Business Development selling tools (e.g. sales sheets, presentations, campaigns, creative graphics, tradeshow promotions, etc.)
- Develop comprehensive marketing budget, track budget and report quarterly
- Personnel Management: Oversee the ongoing development of the global marketing team.
Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members to assist individuals in identifying development opportunities and in refining and enhancing their skills.
Facilitate efforts to develop, implement and refine training programmes for all teams.
Ensure all staff have clearly defined job descriptions, responsibilities, and performance standards and expectations.
Oversee supervision of team members including, but not limited to: recruitment and hiring, scheduling and work assignments, coaching and disciplinary action, and promotions. Assist team leaders in prioritization of competing workload demands.
Make recommendations to Senior Management regarding staffing requirements.
Conduct regular staff meetings and ensure that staff are kept abreast of departmental and organizational activities, goals, procedures, policies, and priorities.
Develop strategies and programmes to optimize employee satisfaction and morale including contribution towards employee reward and recognition programmes.
- Personal Career Development: Participate in company-sponsored training programmes as required to ensure that skills are learned, maintained and focused accordingly. Perform necessary functions and as directed, any other duties commensurate with the post to ensure the smooth running of the proposal development and contract management function.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
This job description serves only to give a broad outline of the duties required and will be renewed and amended at periodic intervals in the consultation with the postholder.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills including ability to function effectively in a matrix organization.
- Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization, facilitation, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Pharmaceutical advertising or medical commuincations agency experience a plus.
- Clinical Research Organizations (CRO) experience a plus
- Minimum experience in clinical research or agency, including a minimum of 5 years experience in marketing and management role.
- Previous financial management and budgeting experience.
Worldwide Clinical Trials - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -