The Director of Media Technology Integration Development will be a leader of Integration Development Technology Solutions team that has oversight in integrating production desktop applications, archive systems & production collaboration systems within the 30 Rockefeller facilities. This role is responsible for design, leading strategic projects, executing upgrades & providing 3rd level support assistance. The Director of Media Technology Integration Development core responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Lead team responsible for software engineering and systems integration across ingest, edit, asset management, and archive systems for NBC News.
• Define software architecture for media asset management software systems, physical asset order management and reporting platform, and automated metadata management and media delivery capabilities for edit environments.
• Manage team of onshore and offshore resources focused on development, configuration, and systems integration.
• Partner with operations management team to drive software projects and media asset management strategy.
• Engineer integrated software solutions to anticipate and enable business growth, productivity, and reliability.
• Act as subject matter expert on key software systems, protocols, integrations, and workflows.
• Actively recommend approaches to improving system stability and reliability.
• Work with vendors to integrate complex systems and workflows into the 30 Rock news production infrastructures.
• Coordinate with internal operational & technology and vendor support teams to isolate issues and drive resolution.
• Act as escalation contact for on-air critical systems in a 24x7 broadcast news environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
• Minimum 5 years software design and development experience
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in a role demonstrating understanding of media workflows
• Minimum 2 years’ experience defining and configuring workflows using ingest and play out systems.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience defining and configuring complex, automated media asset management processes driven by proxy workflows and structured metadata.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience developing software against documented third-party APIs and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements.
• Highly Desirable:
• Demonstrated experience with media management and edit workflows on Avid Interplay/ISIS.
• Demonstrated understanding of media logging workflows, best practices, systems, and metadata management.
• Scrum Master Certification with experience using scrum for software development and delivery.
• Experience migrating large volumes of data – millions of metadata records and/or petabytes of media – among production systems.
• Familiarity with broadcast production systems including signal routing systems & protocols, video ingest and play out technology, Avid systems (edit, production media management, storage), and broadcast tape decks and monitoring.
• Experience querying (using SQL) and building software against SQLite and Oracle or MySQL databases.
• Experience with object-relational mapping technology and architecture, preferably using SQLAlchemy.
• Experience designing, developing, and/or consuming both SOAP APIs and RESTful web services.
• Experience parsing and generating XML and JSON documents.
• Experience with revision control systems, particularly Subversion.
• Working familiarity with components of the IBM WebSphere and InfoSphere product suites.
• Experience defining and documenting test cases for media-driven software.
• Experience leveraging expertise on network protocols and standards (e.g. DNS, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH).
• Familiarity with digital video and audio format standards (e.g. DV25, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DNxHD, AVC-I, H.264).
• Experience isolating complex integration issues across software systems by analyzing log files and proactively communicating with end users and vendors.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to analyze and present data to customers, partners, peers, and middle and senior management.
• Proficiency on Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux operating systems, preferably with experience on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or Oracle Enterprise Linux, including basic system administration tasks.
• Hands-on end-to-end broadcast production experience, preferably in a television news context.
• Demonstrated skills managing both teams and high visibility projects.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Experience maintaining uptime on mission-critical systems.
• Editing or support experience with Final Cut Pro.
• Experience building or integrating with software on the Liferay platform.
• Experience configuring or supporting Avid Interplay MAM, ideally with deep knowledge of system workflows and configurations.
Apply to job
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 15 months ago