Coach, founded in 1941, is America's premier accessible luxury accessories brand and a leader in international markets. We are a designer and marketer of high quality, modern accessories that complement the diverse lifestyles of today's consumer. Coach offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and great benefits within a dynamic work environment.
Coach brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the best and brightest people in the industry. At Coach, you will be in great company!
Primary Purpose: The Director will operate as a lead Merchant for Full Price Womens Handbags and Accessories for Coach International and is responsible for driving the merchandising strategy and execution of product to meet the commercial needs of the business and to support growth of the division.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Merchandising to...
- Merchandising Strategies and Plans
- Develop annual and seasonal product strategies for Womens Handbags and Accessories
- Develop assortments across all Womens Handbag and Accessories categories in accordance with the overall strategy and financial plan
- Partner with Business Strategy and Merchandise Planning to ensure investments reflect assortment strategies and product opportunities
- Partner with Sales to ensure communication and buy-in to key strategies and delivery of key product messages to external partners, including participation in Market Week for key accounts
- Partner with Visual Merchandising, Field Leadership, and Marketing to ensure consistent consumer experience through execution of cohesive product vision via assortments, knowledgeable store staff, marketing content and visual merchandising presentation.
- Partner with Corporate Merchandising team and provide insight on CI Womens product performance and needs, providing feedback on flow, line planning and product specific opportunities
- Identify product opportunities through customer research, competitive research and store visits.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Lead, motivate and develop two junior merchants
- Serve as key partner to Corporate Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Marketing, and Visual Merchandising
- BA or BS degree with at least8-10 years of experience in merchandising in Accessories or RTW.
- Global perspective with International experience in Asia, Europe and Travel Retail.
- Substantial background with a branded business with a well integrated merchandising, production, design and planning divisions.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills as well as strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong product sense; proven experience in driving product assortments and partnering with Design to conceive product concepts that drive business.
- Acute understanding of the marketplace and consumer preferences.
- Ability to build partnership, to gain support and to drive and facilitate cross functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills. Solid understanding of costing and margin. Well developed financial and planning skills.
- Can drive initiatives and tactics required to meet and exceed goals. Moves easily from strategic to tactical and back.
- Must have proven management experience and success at developing individuals.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Coach - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Coach, Inc. is an American luxury leather goods company that got its start manufacturing small leather goods. Coach is known for ladies'...