Posting Job Title Director, Network Planning Requisition # 142604BR Posting Location Herndon, VA, US Area of Interest Information Technology Services
Position Type Full Time Posting Job Description The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Director of Network Planning for our Group Name Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify optimization opportunities for interconnecting with voice peering partners for the termination of Long Distance and International Long Distance traffic. Provide analysis and recommendations to Business Affairs detailing the scope of the opportunity and interconnection options.
- Create and publish architecture requirements to the Engineering organization incorporating input from Product, Operations, Commercial and Wireless applications.
- Create and publish network plans for implementation of short and long term company initiatives for voice, wireless, and critical infrastructure.
- Translate functional engineering specification documents into operational and capacity management guidelines for consumption by other groups within TWC
- Develop capital and op-ex budgets for voice and wireless hardware, software and bandwidth transport
- Thorough understanding of TDM and VoIP voice networks including signaling protocols, switching equipment and supporting devices in a five nines availability environment
- Good understanding of IP network concepts and practices such as TCP/IP; UDP; NAT; PAT; routing protocols, Ethernet standards
- Thorough understanding of telecommunications business concepts, contracts and practices
- Thorough understanding of business financial modeling concepts
- Meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and drive collaboration between corporate and regional engineering and operations teams
- Drive communication and collaboration between teams and present network plans to senior executive team
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical plans in business terms, high sense of urgency and commitment, and ability to work with little guidance
Education and Experience:
- Good understanding of cable networks offering digital phone
- Good understanding of PSTN local network architecture and ILEC interconnection
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of senior technical planners
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Manager: Delegates authority to carry out work of a unit to subordinate supervisors or managers
Travel 10 %
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
FCC Unit_TWC HQ452 Controlling Establishment ID 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable - 14 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...