The Strategic Account Director position is responsible for developing and leading strategic initiatives within practice management groups (PMGs) and large group practices (LGPs). The SAM is responsible for developing a strategically targeted business plan with a keen understanding of the oncology business market dynamics in the largest group practices and practice management groups in North America. Development of an account specific plan with outlined strategies/tactics with NanoString’s identified top targeted practices.
- These primary customers include (but not limited to): USO, P4, ION, NCCN, CCE, ACCC, HCA, Tennessee Oncology, Florida Cancer Specialists, and Georgia Cancer Specialists.
- Maintain a coordinated approach with other departments while providing input into all aspects of the brand plan process with keen attention to meeting corporate objectives
- Maintain alignment with sales/marketing/managed care and medical teams on all initiatives.
- Effectively communicate and take a collaborative approach in effectively penetrating these LGPs/PMGs. Leverage relationships in order to meet objectives while allowing unimpeded access within these top accounts. Maintain position as “the face” of NanoString within those PMGs/LGPs.
- Work with key accounts to establish and implement Pathways that include Prosigna to help in guiding treatment decisions.
- The SAM identifies ethical, innovative, customer oriented ideas in response to changing market forces while communicating proactively & effectively.
- Coordinate between sales, marketing, managed care, IT, legal, Clinical/Medical Affairs and other departments; demonstrating to market segments.
- Work with all levels of the sales management team – National, Area and Regional -so they can make accurate decisions within their responsible areas.
- Effectively manage budget with a bias on maximizing all resources and commercial objectives. Maintain an in-depth understanding of the ever changing oncology business practices.
- Present and update all teams at Diagnostics Franchise Team meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Remain proficient in the area of molecular diagnostics and oncology in order to leverage the clinical data as required.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the oncology market place as it relates to the large oncology group organizations and practice management groups.
- Ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience calling on National Accounts
- Diagnostics, pharmaceutical or medical device experience in oncology is strongly preferred
- Must be able to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or above in business required, MBA Preferred
Nanostring Technologies, Inc. - 6 months ago