Allina Medical Clinic is committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care.
Allina Medical Clinic and their employees serve 463,000 patients, representing more than two million clinic visits at 40 locations each year. Allina Medical Clinic is part of Allina Health, a non-profit network of hospitals, clinics and other health care services.
The Director, Nursing provides strategic leadership for development and improvement of systems and processes that support patient care delivery. This position promotes evidenced-based practice that achieves patient-centered care and regulatory compliance. The Director supports staff participation at all levels and promotes communication and feedback mechanisms throughout the organization.
Position manages patient care services across the Clinic Division and advocates for and maximizes the use of available resources to ensue the delivery of efficient, safe, and compassionate patient care based on current standards of practice. The Director has accountability for nursing practice in all areas of responsibility and will provide leadership to promote shared decision making and professional autonomy of staff members by providing collaborative processes that actively solicit input from key stakeholders (leaders, staff, physicians, and Allina practice committees) to produce staff ownership of decisions. The leader will foster a culture of accountability, excellence and staff partcipation/engagement supported by processes that provide timely information regarding performance and department-specific activities and accomplishments.
The Director is accountable for the environment in which clinical nursing is practiced. This position must create a learning environment that is open and respectful, and promotes the sharing of expertise to promote the benefits of health outcomes.
- BA or BS in Nursing, Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years direct patient care experience.
- Minimum of 5 years direct patient care.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership/management experience in healthcare setting, preferably clinic setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and program management skills related to the following tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Regulatory Standards
- Health care environments and trends
- Demonstration of leadership and empowerment principles
- Budgeting and fiscal control
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Interpret policies and procedures; identify non-compliance and take appropriate action.
- Work independently.
- Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient/resident care scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric.
- Maintains flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments.
- Become CPR certified.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time position (40 hours per week)
- Shift: Days
- No weekends
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
Community Resource Links:
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine St. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine Star Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA
Allina Health System - 18 months ago
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees,...