This position directs the activities of the Oncology Product Development group. Provides the vision and leadership to develop end-to-end (sample-to-report) solutions for the oncology market. Focus areas are applications in screening for cancer, theranostics and monitoring drug response.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Preferred Educational Background
- Conducts and collaborates with others on basic research and development relevant to long-term objectives and concerns
- Writes and reviews manuscripts for publication
- Develops strategies to ensure effective achievement of scientific objectives
- Monitors and evaluates completion of tasks and projects
- May develop budgets for capital expenditures and labor
- Typically participates with other top managers to establish company policies
- Makes final decision on administrative or operational matters
Preferred Experiential Background
- Requires a PhD in a scientific discipline
- 12+ years relevant experience in clinical product development
- Previous management or project experience is required
- Excellent command of the latest scientific research techniques
- Demonstrated experience in taking conceptual research through development to a viable product for commercialization
- Familiar with IVD product development and/or development of CLIA lab applications.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent program/project management skills – including scheduling, budgeting, resource management, etc.
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...