The director of online content products is responsible for developing and directing a strategy for the packaging and sale of our customers content, either that processed by PR Newswire or elsewhere for various online audiences, communities and experiences. The director works closely with and coordinates with Sales, Marketing and IT colleagues and other staff to fulfill her/his responsibilities and facilitates an integrated online approach.
1. Create a clear plan for PR Newswire's customer content products, set the strategy for the product suite and create a roadmap
2. Develop and implement a new strategy to grow a product suite around customer content. Find areas of integration to take advantage of existing products. Build consensus internally for new product development and technology enhancements
3. Seek new opportunities for enhancement of the existing services, integration with existing services, and expansion into relevant related fields. Prioritize and develop next-phase changes current products along with the product manager to ensure customer retention and growth.
4. Work closely with marketing to create the messaging and positioning for the product including all collateral
5. Work with sales management to establish reasonable and relevant sales goals and to create sales initiatives
6. Situate yourself as a thought leader in the messaging and targeting space
7. Monitor and help maintain the internal product documentation on the PR Newswire internal wiki
8. Take a personal responsibility in retaining clients
9. Provide overall management to direct reports by coordinating staff assignments; fostering teamwork; directing, coaching, and confirming expectations; and providing performance feedback and career-development opportunities to ensure that individual and departmental goals are attained; recruit, hire, and train new staff.
10. Manage external resources and vendors to support and achieve department goals.
Create monthly reports on the performance of the products
11. Collect & analyze competitive information on an ongoing basis for the products. Update and communicate competitor profiles. Monitor competitors for breaking news and announcements
12. Collect and analyze market and product intelligence for quality assurance and product positioning purposes
13. Lead other initiatives as necessary
14. Takes initiative to build and develop new skills.
15. Adheres to a high personal standard of quality, organization and work commitment
16. Maintains the neat appearance and professional atmosphere of personal work areas
: Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in a leadership position in online
Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
: Proven track record of yielding significant increases in website traffic, user engagement, and brand awareness
: Fluency with the current and next generation of website functionality and user behavior
: Prior experience reviewing, selecting, negotiating with, and managing third-party consultants and vendors
: In-depth knowledge of current Internet technology
: Experience planning, budgeting, "road-mapping," and managing complex processes and projects
: Outstanding leadership, relationship-building, organizational, presentation, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
: Outstanding team- and consensus-building skills, with ability to manage, coach, and mentor staff and elicit a high level of team engagement
: Capacity to manage multiple priorities
: Ability to impart knowledge, develop skills in others, and motivate them to accomplish tasks
: Creative, persuasive, and strategic thinker
: Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to diverse audiences.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry 58 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content - from rich media to online video to multimedia - and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world's enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of PR Newswire Association LLC and its subsidiaries. PR Newswire is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
At UBM plc, we invite you to be part of an organization that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and to being a responsible, sustainable business. UBM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Corporate communication is the language this company speaks. PR Newswire Association is a leading distributor of corporate news and public...