Oversee day to day operations of the Programming and Quality Control departments to ensure projects are executed in a timely manner with a high quality output, while working with staff to create efficiencies, develop tools, and problem-solve. Work with other departments to assist in technical aspects of their day to day functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the leader and mentor for Programming and Quality Control staff – assignment of projects, assisting with work (getting involved simply if help is needed or if there are bigger issues) development projects, PTO, reviews, timesheets, providing both positive feedback and constructive criticism.
- Hire and train new staff as well as lead training sessions on specific processes and standards both within the department as well as outside the department.
- Accurately determine the length and difficulty of tasks and surveys to allocate resources, determine feasibility, provide timelines, and establish the best approach to successfully complete online programming.
- Effectively participate in project kick off calls/conference calls when needed. Offer input into questionnaire format challenges to the Project Manager and client, and proactively suggest questionnaire design improvements.
- Serve as the focal point for any programming related questions from Project Managers, clients or Programming team members.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers and clients the programming requirements of the questionnaire in a manner that translates the technical aspects into layman’s terms.
- Ensure programming is tested and delivered to the Project Manager and client with a 100% accurate link (according to the questionnaire document).
- Troubleshoot program issues in Confirmit as they arise.
- Continuously remain informed of Confirmit’s latest offerings and developments.
- Work effectively with the team – Business Development, Project Management, and other Programming members – to achieve collective goals.
- Consult with project teams on technical requirements.
- Incorporate images, video and other requested files into online surveys.
- Keep all repositories, scripts libraries, training materials, forums, demos, and websites up to date.
- Serves as general webmaster for all ORG related websites.
- Research new software to increase efficiencies and provide added value (both internally and externally).
- Keep current software used by the department up to date.
- Meet with staff to discuss techniques, development initiatives, current issues and possible resolutions, and follow up on those action items.
- Serve as the Network Administrator backup when needed – resetting of Apache and other small tasks.
- Notify IT and make recommendations for software and hardware upgrades.
- Recommend changes/enhancements to Sawtooth/Confirmit/Wincross and ensure those updates are implemented in future releases.
- Prepare and comment on staff utilization/productivity metrics.
- Software: SPSS, Photoshop, Sawtooth, Confirmit, WinCross, MS Office, FTP, Putty, xampp, phpMyAdmin
- Ensuring cross-browser functionality, additional languages and a comfortable level of SQL/database knowledge
- Ability to independently and effectively organize and manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal.
- Sets clear, realistic, and measurable goals; sets priorities and time parameters to accomplish tasks and projects; anticipates roadblocks and develops contingencies to redirect tasks so momentum is not lost.
- Organizes and arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
- Ability to train, supervise, and mentor others.
- Ability to facilitate communications with clients, project teams, departments and staff.
- Understand and participate in bidding programming work.
- Understand and track project budgets.
- Demonstrate problem solving capability.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player, and is cooperative; looks for common ground, and solves problems for the good of all.
- Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and the ability to work well with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of programming experience, with 2-3+ years of experience working in Confirmit.
- Prior experience at a market research agency or field service programming surveys.
- A solid understanding of questionnaire logic, with experience in questionnaire development and implementation.
- Experience with Confirmit’s Reportal and HTML.
- Experience with data processing software – SPSS is preferred.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet aggressive timelines.
- Capable of working under minimal supervision with a high level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm for learning.