Provide administrative and technical leadership to a group of multi-skilled engineering professionals whose responsibilities have a high strategic impact on the safe and reliable operation of the electric transmission system.
ITC Job Responsibilities
Participate in developing organization policy, implementing corporate policies and human resource management, negotiating and resolving issues, establishing timekeeping/pay practices and communicating the corporate/organization vision.
- Solve technical problems by interpreting and evaluating information, uncovering related issues, developing methods or procedures for gathering information, making recommendations and implementing solutions.
- Manage work flow by scheduling work, providing work direction, setting goals and objectives, developing productivity measures and implementing a work unit policy.
- Represent the work unit in matters related to engineering and computer system applications involved in the real-time operation of the transmission system.
- Develop and maintain a highly skilled, motivated and team oriented workforce by participating in the interviewing and hiring of new employees, aiding in employee development, mentoring and coaching, counseling, training, evaluating and recognizing performance.
- Provide expertise to planning, engineering and maintenance organizations on cross-functional matters; respond to inquiries regarding operating issues including security analysis, operating practices, equipment outage schedules, system performance and cross-functional support requirements.
- Perform assignments on internal and external projects regarding technical and non-technical matters, as directed by senior management; participate on industry forums representing the corporate/organization position.
ITC Job Qualifications
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer License preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the utility industry with experience in transmission operations or planning.
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory or leadership experience.
- Advanced knowledge of operational planning and real-time operations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Energy/Transmission Management System computer application programs (i.e. State Estimator, Contingency Analysis and Dispatcher Load Flow) used to perform system security analysis in both real-time and study modes.
- Ability to move frequently between multiple tasks, while prioritizing conflicting priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Sound analytical, problem solving and documentation skills.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard