Business Title: Director, Operations Risk
Requisition Number: 35177
Area of Interest: Operational Risk
State: New York
City: New York
KPMG’s Advisory Services Practice focuses on fundamental business issues — managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs — that organizations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals. Services are specialized to help clients mitigate risks across an overall risk spectrum. We are currently seeking a Manager/Director in Financial Risk Management (FRM)-Operations Risk for our KPMG Risk Consulting practice to join us in our New York office.
* Advise financial services institutions on matters relating to the enablement of risk management capabilities across the spectrum of market, credit and operational risk
* Define capabilities to address risk and performance information management such asdata, data modeling, data quality and data processes
* Risk exposure and performance measurement, aggregation and attribution, regulatory and economic capital allocation, limits and limit monitoring/management, reporting and ad hoc analysis, specifically an integrated risk and performance management framework, and workflow around consistent application of policy globally
* Responsible for working with subject matter professionals in key areas of risk management to define critical gaps in capability, design a recommended future state, and outline an implementation strategy including process, data, information management, analytics, reporting and technology
Additional Responsibilities for Director:
* Oversee various engagement personnel
* Regularly communicate with project sponsors and other interested client parties
* Manage various facets of engagement including risk management, project acceptance, billing, delivery, and collections
* Develop and sell new and existing clients, including development of marketing plans and sales strategies
* Eight years of advisory experience working in the risk management transformation space and demonstrated ability to work with subject matter professionals in key areas of risk management to define critical gaps in capability, design a recommended future state, and outline an implementation strategy
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
* Experience working in and around the buy-side and sell-sides, brokerage and banking solving data issues for the risk management functions including market, credit and/or operational risk
* Critical experience designing and implementing data environments that support reporting and analytics across market, credit and/or operational risk, including VaR, sensitivities, performance attribution, capital allocation, obligor and facility ratings, FPE and credit VaR, PD, LGD, EAD, Basel II, stress testing and scenario analysis
* Strong background working in and around risk management functions from a data management perspective with design and standard setting experience and experience working with both technology and risk management teams in defining implementation strategies for key risk management initiatives and participating throughout implementation
* Knowledge of risk technology vendors and the ability to travel
Additional Qualifications for Director:
* Twelve years of related work experience in a financial services or consulting firm
* Demonstrated track record of leadership, client management, project management, and business development
* Well established understanding of business dynamics and regulations
* Established network of industry contacts and business development opportunities
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG LLP - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG...