• Lead the Operations and Maintenance organization, including O&M renewable
generating sites, System Operations Center and Engineering.
• Direct the development of processes and procedures to safely and effectively
maintain Acciona renewable generating facilities for "Best in Class
• Ensure high availability of equipment through an efficient preventative
• Lead in the recruitment, hiring and training of O&M personnel.
• Be proficient at Root Cause Analysis to accurately determine and model failure
mode and cause.
• Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records.
• Develop and present the organization's project, capital and operating expense
budgets for all operation and maintenance functions. Identify cost reduction
opportunities for analysis and implementation. Lead analysis of O&M cost
performance against budget.
• Identify, develop and build relationships with 3rd party service providers.
• Serve as the company's representative with customers and contractors.
• Responsible for the Safety and Environmental compliance of the organization's
personnel and subcontractors in accordance with federal, state and local laws,
and Acciona policies, practices and procedures. Ensure all personnel and
subcontractors meet technical and safety training requirements. Conduct and
review safety analyses and reviews of hazards and energy sources. Develop a
system of compliance checks for operating and safety rules.
• Facilitate the daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements for our internal
and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
• Facilitate development of employees by providing constructive feedback and
continuous coaching/mentoring. Identify further training and education to
enhance employee growth and continued job performance improvement.
• Direct the training of all operations and maintenance personnel. Maintain
required training certifications and proficiencies for self and team.
. Represent Acciona within the industry, including facilitation of professional
presentations to national trade groups, and acting as an advisor to industry
• Comply with applicable regulatory reliability standards and compliance
requirements, including but not limited to, market rules and NERC Reliability
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent.
• Advanced degree and/or P.E. a plus
• 10 -15 years of experience in Operations and Maintenance of energy facilities.
A concentration in renewable energy industry is a plus.
• Demonstrated history of managing large work teams
• Prior experience managing multiple large scale facilities or work locations
• Prior experience negotiating 3rd party contracts
• Demonstrate continuous commitment to safe operations. Be an active role
model and constant resource to the organization
• Ability to plan, direct switching and tagging for field personnel in the operation
and restoration of the wind farm.
• Ability to travel 25% - 50% of time to domestic and international locations
• Possess the ability to think and analyze situations, and determine and
implement effective resolutions in a fast paced environment.
• Strengths will include excellent communications, organization, positive
leadership, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to successfully interact with key executives, external and internal
• Posses a working understanding of cost accounting, budgeting and contract
• Able to work in an indoor or outdoor environment.
• Ability to climb vertical ladders up to 300'.
• Valid driver's license.
• Hold or be able to obtain a passport.
• Experience with J.D. Edwards and Maximo systems is a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.