BlueLinx Corporation remains the leading domestic wholesaler of building products, serving independent dealers, industrial customers and large home improvement centers from over 60 locations in the United States and one location in Canada . BlueLinx creates value for our customers and vendors across the supply chain by providing an outlet for a significant portion of the building products and an ever-growing selection of distribution services that utilize our vast transportation assets and facilities, and a wide selection of third-party products. For additional information, please visit us on the web @ www.BlueLinxCo.com .
Position Purpose Summary :
Directly oversees multiple branch operations within assigned regions(s) to drive operational improvements. Partners with the VP, Logistics and Warehouse Operations and Branch Managers in developing cost-effective and scalable distribution processes and systems that improve productivity and customer service. Develops implements and enforces company safety policies and initiatives. Deploys strategy for continuous improvement into the operating culture. Utilizes measurement processes, best practices, innovation, technology, benchmarking and ongoing training to create and sustain a continuous improvement environment. Leads the development and maintenance of integrated systems and processes that support the timely, accurate and meaningful measurement of key operating activities that directly and indirectly impact service, quality, and cost. Coaches branch managers and employees in all areas of logistics and warehouse operations.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Leads the development and execution of strategic and tactical operational plans and programs within assigned region(s). Drives key organizational and regional initiatives that involve engagement or procedural change for the facilities. Oversees and enforces operational policies and procedures within assigned region(s.
- Oversee Branch Managers and logistics employees to define, and actively manage current and future route accountability, order fulfillment and service delivery. Analyzes results and provide solutions to resolve operational problems.
- Responsible for ensuring branches are compliant with all safety, OSHA, VPP and DOT regulations; and all federal, state and local laws pertaining to employment.
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate compliance training is completed by facility employees.
- Responsible for ensuring facilities and equipment are maintained within company guidelines and inventory is protected and accuracy is maintained. Facilitates best practices for maintenance, indirect spend and cost awareness in assigned regions(s).
- Assess optimization of current initiatives to identify process improvement opportunities and training/development opportunities.
- Actively participates in recruitment efforts and strategies to attract the organization’s talent requirements. Partners with the Branch Managers to champion succession planning efforts to ensure the availability of high performing talent at the facilities.
- Leads team; selects/hires; develops objectives; coaches and evaluates performance. Ensures direct reports obtain applicable training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company. Holds direct reports accountable for individual and team performance. Addresses performance issues appropriately and timely.
Foundational knowledge of end to end supply chain and requirements. Extensive experience in distribution operations. Ability to apply continuous improvement principles and process; system and process thinking skills. Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills. Strong leadership sets. Excellent communications and influencing skills with all levels of the organization. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and other required relevant tools/technology.
Years of experience: Generally 10+ years of experience in related field preferred; 8+ years with MS/MA/MBA.
BlueLinx Corporation - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard