Among the largest and most diverse third-party logistics (3PL) companies in the world, England Logistics has set itself apart. England Logistics offers a vast portfolio of non-asset based transportation solutions including full truckload services, intermodal, dry and cold chain LTL, parcel, global logistics, and complete supply chain management.
This comprehensive range of strategic transportation resources allows England Logistics to design, execute, and manage the flow of materials and goods from point of origin to point of utility, efficiently, reliably and economically.
The Supply Chain Management (SCM) group works with customers to improve visibility, drive down costs, and minimize liability, all while preserving the valued relationships customers have with their service providers. We leverage our $1 Billion global market position to help companies achieve an immediate savings.
The Director, Operation’s overall responsibilities are to manage the Operations Team and the Customers to ensure that customer expectations and goals are achieved. The Director, Operations works to ensure the daily operations run efficient and effectively by monitoring performance of the team and systems. This individual is directly responsible for the compliance of their department’s duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall direction and leadership to the department
- Establish and enforce department policies and procedures
- Establish team and individual goals for each member of the department
- Work with department to identify and implement continuous improvement ideas
- Perform annual performance reviews with each individual within the department
- Perform quarterly and annual reviews with customers to ensure customer expectations and goals are being met
- Maintain a communication plan for each client to ensure that all appropriate levels/departments are being approached on a regular basis through various means
- Measure and improve customer satisfaction through an annual customer satisfaction survey or other means
- Maintain a customer database to include contacts, contract expiration dates, service utilized, and satisfaction level
- Negotiate contract renewals/extensions with existing customers
- Provide regular updates to the Managing Director on customer/department issues
- Hold team meetings at least monthly with department members to review department/customer issues
- Work with other departments to ensure customer requirements are met
- Assist Sales team with the closing of new business
- Assist Implementation team with the on-boarding new customers
- Assist Finance with collection of outstanding accounts receivable
- Ensure department has adequate training and tools to perform their responsibilities/duties
This position is responsible for supervising the Operations staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with accuracy and timeliness, and have a strong aptitude for detail. The individual must be results oriented, have deep knowledge of the logistics industry, strategy development, managing people and have strong business-development skills. Additionally, the Director, Operations must have excellent leadership skills, management experience and the ability to motivate employees.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and an advanced degree preferred. Candidate must have a minimum of 12 years’ experience in logistics and 7 years in management.
The ideal candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and have working knowledge of transportation management and transportation modeling software, as well as the capabilities to learn other England Logistics systems that support the SCM service.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Professional Supply Chain certifications and Supply Chain memberships preferred
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation for this position will be determined by Supervisor.