The Director of Partnership Sales will be responsible for prospecting, pursuing, and developing new sponsorship partnerships for the Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center. The incumbent must possess great energy, a strong sales background, and excellent communication skills. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Partnership Sales.
Brooklyn Events Center, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, manage, and nurture new integrated business partnerships to accomplish sales goals;
- Able to create and to effectively maintain reporting documents in an organized manner;
- Prospect, pursue, and develop new business accounts and categories;
- Pursue sponsor partner prospects in assigned business categories;
- Assist in asset identification and creation, and leadership in creation of sales materials;
- Integrating, aligning, and executing the Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center Sponsorship plans;
- Exploring and growing the client account list leveraging creative ideas for lead generation;
- Attending network and promotional events to develop and maintain contact with potential clients and professional bodies;
- Proactively seek and cultivate international business relationships;
- Accountable for reaching individual, team, international, and inventory budgets on an annual basis;
- Focus on specific inventory developing ways, such as packaging techniques and new/soft inventory to better exceed targeted sales goals;
- Contribute any necessary efforts, thoughts, or actions to boost overall revenues for the organization;
- Monitor competitive marketplace, including local and national sports and entertainment properties;
- Develop new revenue streams utilizing “soft” inventory and creating new programs including 3 rd party representation of other properties.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required plus a minimum of (7) years of related experience, a minimum of (3) years in a management role; Master ’s degree or equivalent preferred;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Sports and/or Arena industry experience preferred;
- A minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be self-confident and resilient and possess a high level of enthusiasm;
- Must be very dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized;
- Must have strong strategic thinking and planning skills;
- Must have advanced skills with navigating the Internet and utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word software;
- Must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment which will enable him/her to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with individuals external to it;
- Must have the ability to rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed;
- Must possess problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise. When necessary, he/she will be a tough and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex negotiations as well as sophisticated business situations;
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating s trong communication skills;
- Must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Must have the ability to gain and enhance the respect and trust of superiors, peers, subordinates, customers and the investment community. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be ethical and have an unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity;
- Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
- Must have the ability and willingness to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
A. Travel Requirements
Infrequent Traveler (< 5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel in and out of market. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend Brooklyn Nets games and other Barclays Center events on evenings, weekends and holidays.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Barclays Center - 13 months ago