Responsible for the overall achievement of parts, accessory, and POE sales goals. Oversee the management of parts staff, and day-to-day operations, to ensure achievement of revenue, gross profit, and net profit targets.
1. Develop sales and marketing strategies to promote MMNA products. Coordinate department resources to develop and implement timely and accurate programs to improve (parts) market penetration and sales per unit goals.
2. Develop annual parts department budget, internal sales and dealer sales plan. Coordinate with MMC to develop export parts business plans.
3. Coordinate with MMC parts and accessory department to develop key accessories and local source maintenance parts. Oversee business case, negotiate vendor agreements, and coordinate R&D testing / approval of products.
4. Oversee inventory planning strategies to ensure achievement of dealer order fill rates, months of supply, and inventory level targets. Oversee development and implementation of critical inventory system enhancements that are designed to reduce obsolescence risk and stock out conditions.
5. Oversee parts logistics strategies and ensure cost effective partnerships with carriers are in place for optimum / quality deliveries to MMNA dealers, PDC’s and Ports.
6. Oversee timely and accurate processing of export parts shipments. Coordinate with internal parts department teams to achieve targets for export order fill rate and high levels of shipping accuracy. Ensure compliance with all export requirements with a strong focus on maintaining C-TPAT certification level.
7. Oversee parts pricing strategies to ensure competitive price position within the automotive industry. Develop competitive and captive pricing strategies using benchmark data to position the Mitsubishi brand with competitive and fair prices when evaluated among competitors.
8. Responsible for new parts system development. Oversee system development and maintenance to ensure all areas of the parts operation are functioning at optimum levels of efficiency.
9. Coordinate with both parts and IT resources to prioritize and accomplish projects within budget.
Oversee MMNA Parts Distribution Centers. Ensure achievement of quality and through-put goals to ensure operational efficiency and dealer satisfaction
10. Manage supplier relations to ensure timely and accurate delivery of ordered parts, resolution of critical backorders, and production of quality products.
11. Manage effective relationships with corporate and field parts/service staff. Communicate new programs, set goals for success, jointly develop sales strategies, and monitor/manage overall success against objective.
12. Other duties as assigned.
- 10-15 years progressive experience working at an automotive manufacturer; specifically in the areas of parts marketing, parts logistics, parts marketing, parts pricing, parts warehouse.
- Bachelor’s degree with a business, marketing, or other related focus; or equivalent combination of work and education
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines while delivering quality results
- Proven ability to think 'outside the box'
- Willingness to change direction when circumstances demand
- Demonstrated strong business judgment, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skill
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of North America - 30+ days ago