Director, Patient Recruitment
Site and Patient Recruitment
North America-United States-North Carolina-Morrisville - 3900 Paramount
The Director, Patient Recruitment oversees daily operations of the Patient Recruitment Services Department as well as patient recruitment and retention strategy development within his/her assigned region. Responsible for identifying successful recruitment and retention strategies within his/her region and maintaining knowledge of regional regulations surrounding patient recruitment and retention processes and tactics.
The Director is responsible for compliance and successful fulfillment of contracted patient recruitment services. Ensures services are provided in accordance with client and PPD policies, procedures and contractual agreements. The Director provides mentoring and support to members of his/her assigned team, in order to help meet overall business objectives.
The Director interacts closely with Business Development, Key Account Managers, Contracts and Proposals Development, Operational Personnel, Study Start Up, Site Relations, and Executive Management to achieve business goals.
This position holds responsibility for the successful implementation, maintenance, and conduct of divisional project operations representing revenues of approximately $5-15 million per year. This position will have responsibility for approximately 10-15 direct reports.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 10 years clinical trial and/or project management experience
- At least 5 years supervisory experience
- At least 5 years primary client responsibilities
- At least 3 years experience in a global position
PPD is an equal opportunity employer
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong project and people-management skills as shown through management of multiple simultaneous projects as well as staff
- Ability to work effectively on global team
- Professional experience in international markets, specifically with patient recruitment
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate managers and supervisors to define and reach team objectives
- Ability to make difficult decisions under pressure and sometimes without all desired information
- Ability to complete employee performance evaluations and recognize and handle unfavorable employee performance issues
- Ability to understand budgeting and forecasting
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to adapt to and institute change
- Strong computer skills
- Good understanding of advertising media
- Ability to manage multiple vendors (media, print, shipping, etc)
Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. - 15 months ago