Basic Function and Scope of the Position
Develops and implements the company's strategic direction for the Sales and Operations Planning Process, Master Scheduling, Demand Planning, New Product Planners and Finished Goods Distribution Planning functions with Global responsibilities across multiple manufacturing and distribution sites. Responsible for establishing and attaining inventory targets and customer service levels goals. Lead multisite team of approximately 12 – 15 people through a major process and system implementation in 2013, building the foundation and infrastructure to grow at 20%+ year.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Through team, translate the demand forecast into a Master Schedule and disseminate to the production planners.
• Through team, review and validate the demand forecast.
• Drive the Sales and Operations Process, and align executive team to the execution plans.
• Through team, work closely with the Development group, Commodity Managers, and Manufacturing to successful launch new products.
• Establish and achieve customer service and inventory goals in line with corporate objectives.
• Responsible for planning, reviewing, and developing supply chain policies, procedures and personnel.
• Maintain reports to reflect scheduling, methods, support performance and process procedures.
• Coordinate activities with purchasing function using enterprise resource planning systems.
• Create sustainable and robust processes along with appropriate metrics, measurements and goals.
• Set vision and direction for team.
• Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Preferred Educational Background
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field required. Graduate degree a plus.
Preferred Experiential Background
• Must have 12+ years experience in production in a life sciences manufacturing environment with 7+ years of supervisory experience.
• Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
• In-depth knowledge of ERP/MRP systems (JDE preferred).
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• ISO and GMP knowledge, Diagnostic experience highly desirable.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently.
• Excellent math skills, strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
• APICs certification desirable.
• Experience with Lean Supply Chain and six-sigma desirable
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 17 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...