Experienced and committed PAC Director to develop and implement a program of political activism for FMI members by managing successful programs for both FoodPAC and LEAD, including fundraising, compliance and events that result in increased political involvement of FMI and our members in the food industry.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and execute a successful fundraising master plan for
FoodPAC and LEAD.
• Work with lobbyists to identify Members of Congress and
elections strategically important to FMI and craft plans for FMI
and industry involvement.
• Work with lobbyists and FMI members to host and plan
fundraising events for Members of Congress.
• Responsible for all administration and compliance for FoodPAC
and LEAD with the assistance of the Administrator, Government
Relations on a part time basis.
• Manage collection and accounting process to ensure appropriate
procedures and guidelines are in place and followed.
• Maintain working knowledge of Federal Election Commission
campaign law and Internal Revenue Service regulations to ensure
• Manage all meetings, correspondence, and activities with
FoodPAC Advisory Committee.
• Organize FoodPAC and LEAD events including golf tournament
at FMI Midwinter conference and FMI Annual convention.
• Manage FoodPAC and LEAD budgets.
• Foster and maintain relationships with party organizations and
other industry PACs.
• Develop relationships and regular meetings with other industry
PACs, particularly those of FMI member companies to
maximize reach and effectiveness.
Other Job Functions:
• Work well with colleagues inside and outside FMI.
• Other duties and projects as assigned or directed.
Education, Skills and Experience:
Normal office environment requiring use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax, copier). Ability to travel to conventions and conferences. Ability to regularly attend local meetings off-site.
Food Marketing Institute - 17 months ago