Due to increased global growth, dynamic materials markets and many exciting Sourcing initiatives, we are currently seeking an experienced Director, Procurement Excellence to work at our corporate headquarters located in downtown Minneapolis. Reporting the VP, Global Sourcing, you will:
- Have responsibility for optimizing the sourcing strategy development process/program and for driving utilization on a global basis.
- Develop and implement tools resulting in significant improvements in all aspects of the sourcing function of the supply chain; identify appropriate systems and e-tools for improving the overall sourcing function.
- Support continuous improvement and assist with change management associated with procurement transformation; develop key performance tracking metrics across sourcing function.
- Serve as financial advisor to regional and global purchasing groups; procurement finance manager and financial analyst roles indirectly report to this role.
- Have responsibility for tracking and reporting procurement performance against plan; provide periodic reporting and ensure accountability for savings commitments.
- Direct and coordinate the annual planning process resulting in savings targets and projections for price changes and spend.
- Work closely with business units and management to ensure procurement pricing assumptions are included in planning process.
- Develop and implement competitive, total lowest cost, low risk, high value sourcing policies and procedures incorporating ethical and professional conduct, supplier relationship, quality, risk management, continuous improvement, etc.
- Develop, implement and ensure global communication and utilization of standardized templates, processes and procedures; ensuring a standardized playbook and toolkit.
- Have responsibility for standardizing contracts, PO’s, etc. and ensuring global communication of such.
- Identify and promote improved coordination and integration of strategic sourcing methodology into business units interfacing with purchasing to ensure lowest total cost and highest overall value and quality for the company; ensure cross functional participation in process
- Manage Supplier Quality Assurance function maintain supplier and spend database
- Have responsibility for identifying and driving development of ongoing training programs.
As the qualified candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or Sciences or equivalent education and experience. Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred. APICS or ISM certification a plus.
- 12+ years of relevant direct and indirect sourcing experience with increasing responsibility; 5+ years of management experience with strong business and financial acumen.
- Exposure to and strong background in best-in-class sourcing processes, their development and successful implementation.
- Solid proficiency and familiarity with multiple sourcing IT systems.
- Prior global scope of responsibility, cultural sensitivity and shared service center administration and support are critical
- Proven effective selling, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills and change management capabilities.
- Experience managing and developing team talent.
- Demonstrated strong self-initiative, sense of urgency and customer relationship building skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- A collaborative work style, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with internal customers and co-workers to gain necessary buy-in.
- Demonstrate a “hands-on” style and willingness to engage proactively with managers, directors and vice-presidents.
- Very strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to present information, prepare reports, rationale and recommendations clearly and concisely to all levels of management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Valspar Corporation - 13 months ago