***This position can be based in Dallas, LA or San Fran***
Our consumer mission is simple: to help singles find the kind of relationship they’re looking for. And we think we’re pretty good at it. Every month, we hear from hundreds of success stories from all over the world and hundreds of thousands of people leave Match.com each year because they met someone in our community. Our business mission is to maintain our position as market-leader and identify opportunities to scale our business in the US and internationally in the exciting and evolving category of online personals. We operate market-leading dating sites in 24 countries utilizing over 8 languages. In 2011, Match.com acquired a 20% interest in Zhenai, a provider of online matchmaking services in China. Launched in 2005 by CEO Dr. Song Li, Zhenai provides integrated Internet and telephone matchmaking services to Chinese singles looking for long-term relationships. Zhenai boasts a user base of over 30 million registered members who are given access to over 1,000 professional matchmakers at Zhenai’s call centers, providing subscribers with advice and consultation throughout the dating process. In support of our investment in Zhenai, we are currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst . The first objective for this individual will be to conduct a deep dive into the infrastructure and operations of our Chinese business and become an expert in developing, managing, and measuring product enhancements to increase sales as well as drive customer loyalty and engagement amongst our Chinese customers.
- Manage and drive product enhancements (and validate the applicability of US features and product improvements).
- Provide support to internal teams and external partners.
- Drive innovation to the product and define product roadmap and priorities.
- Manage execution of product features and enhancements from ideation to development, testing and post-launch performance monitoring and analytics.
- Utilize prior experience from a similar domain to leverage best practices.
- Optimize traffic to registration conversion through various acquisition channels – online marketing, offline marketing, SEO/SEM, channel partners, etc.
- Provide product and customer experience expertise in business development and partnership deals.
- Understand trends in consumer internet in general and online dating in the region in particular.
- Responsible for communicating requirements to the technical teams.
- Monitor and understand key site performance and operational metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Engineering concentration is preferred). An MBA would be useful.
- 4+ years of strong business analysis or product management experience. Product strategy and product marketing experience is highly desirable.
- Willing to spend extensive periods of time in Shenzen China and/or traveling back to the US.
- Highly developed cultural awareness of consumer and dating trends amongst singles in China.
- Experience with consumer internet sites is strongly preferred, especially with a subscription-based product.
- Social media integration experience is highly desired.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin and able to provide insights into the complexities of doing business in China.
- Collaborative and strong technical ability to effectively partner with Development, QA, and Creative/Design teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive management around the globe.
- Proven analytical ability. Must be savvy and passionate about numbers, market indicators and metrics, and must have the analytical skills to translate hard data into insight and action.
- Excellent project management skills.
- General aptitude and hunger for knowledge for all aspects of consumer internet business.
In April of 2015, Match turns 20 years old as one of less than a handful of tech companies born in 1995 that still leads its category. And...