The Director of Product Management and Market Research will lead product development and product management efforts for the corporation. He/she will be responsible for the leadership, direction and implementation of a new product development program that provides differentiated and marketable dental benefit solutions across a broad range of purchasers. He/she will also supervise the market research and competitive intelligence functions for Washington Dental Service.
The Director of Product Management and Market Research will be a key player, helping to direct and manage the organization through its next critical phase of growth and direct the efforts to manage implementation of the Affordable Care Act. This includes designing the healthcare exchange products, working toward including dental benefits on the state and federal exchanges and maximizing sales. The role requires a seasoned marketing executive with proven strategic leadership skills and strong tactical marketing and implementation capabilities. Ideally, this individual will possess some understanding of the health insurance market, and a willingness to learn and lead the company’s vision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop and manage the new product development process with a focus on the shift to healthcare exchange products
· Develop business requirements for new products; direct appropriate market research activities.
· Define the market, key competitors, broker role, consumer buying process and appropriate customer, provider and patient segments.
· Generate product forecasts to guide team and management decision making.
· Define early product concept/positioning development and refinement.
· Lead cross-functional teams to develop and launch new products and new benefit designs.
· Lead the ongoing assessment of the product portfolio and make recommendations to improve, prune, and add products.
· Lead market segmentation analysis and play a key role in the corporate marketing strategy development.
· Responsible for meeting schedule and budget from product development through product launch.
· Plan, track and manage marketing planning and research budget.
· Lead the development and execution of strategy, plans and processes associated with gaining insight into dental benefits for purchase decision-making via understanding of consumers, employers, brokers, and providers.
· Manage analysis function to uncover key insights on business performance factors that lead to actionable recommendations for future business planning, including marketing program effectiveness, innovation tracking, and competitive analysis and industry trends.
This position supervises a market research analyst and two product managers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
More than five years of marketing experience required, with some health insurance marketing experience highly preferred;
Previous experience working in a Consumer Packaged Goods company
Demonstrated track record in developing, launching, and managing new products
Demonstrated experience redesigning and improving the consumer value chain and consumer experience
Strong leadership skills and the ability to drive projects to completion;
Direct responsibility for product profit and loss
Solid experience working with market research providers;
The ability to understand technical issues and prioritize multiple tasks;
Work within multi-functional and multi-geographical teams;
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with customers and with all levels of personnel;
- Four-year college degree and MBA required, a top 20 school MBA highly preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to staff, top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel may be required.
Washington Dental Service - 2 years ago
Washington Dental Service, a member of the Delta Dental Plans Association, is the leading dental benefits company in the state of...