The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership to the Product Engineering function, establishing systems and procedures to ensure the acceptability of components, finished clubs, and accessories during the new product development process. This individual provides leadership and direction to Product Engineers in order to ensure a successful transition of Callaway products from the Design Phase through development and into Production. During this transition, this individual is expected to ensure that all necessary processes are identified, developed, and qualified. In addition, the incumbent is accountable for establishing production controls and quality systems in order to ensure program success
Incumbent will also provide input into the Design, reliability, and manufacturing feasibility of new products. The position requires a person to work as a leader and team member interfacing with both internal groups (e.g.: Product Design, Product Performance, Product Concept, Program Management, Supply Chain) and suppliers. Typical responsibilities which are within the scope of this position include; personnel development, review of design for manufacturability, supplier liaison, analysis of data, process implementation, testing of components, oversee the creation of product specifications and process flow and control documentation, process refinement to achieve Design intent including cosmetic finishing, production release of the product. This position will have others as direct reports.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
· Self-starter that takes the initiative to start and complete assignments without direct supervision
· Able to effectively work as a part of a team toward meeting company goals
· Adept at delegating work assignments to subordinate staff
· Able to effectively manage subordinate performance in a constructive manner
· Skilled at guiding the development of subordinates in alignment with company goals and objectives
· Ability to gain cooperation of functional counter-parts or others not directly supervised to achieve assigned objectives
· Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project)
· Skilled at solving complex problems and implementing solutions
· Knowledge of basic SPC, SQC and basic problem-solving tools
· Demonstrated strong analytical skills including the ability to learn and apply Six Sigma methodology
· Considers and understands financial impact of decisions
· Knowledge of processes required to manufacture golf equipment (casting, forging, finishing, etc) as well as associated materials a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor ’ s degree (B.S.) in a technical discipline (engineering, etc.) from a four-year college or university.
· Minimum 15 years of experience within a R&D or NPI organization at a consumer products company
· Minimum of 7 years directly involved with Manufacturing, suppliers, new products and related projects/corrective action investigations.
· Experience managing and developing a team and direct reports.
Callaway Golf - 17 months ago
Big Bertha gets Callaway Golf swinging. With its flagship driver named after a WWI cannon, Callaway makes premium-priced golf clubs that are...