- Assists and provides technical direction for Asian Product Development staff on new product programs, especially in developing innovative and difficult-to-execute materials/components.
- Develops sources for finished goods, materials, and components as multiple sources are deemed to be necessary for ongoing products and high-volume styles, and for innovative new products.
- Identifies, evaluates, and develops new materials and material sources.
- Perform technical evaluation of samples, including disposition of lab test results, during the new product development and duplication processes.
- Leads the Value Engineering effort. Combines input from Tumi/U.S., Tumi/Asia, material and component suppliers, finished goods factories, and self to provide continuous improvement of materials/components, finished goods, and processes in quality and/or cost.
- Coordinates the Design Review process. Works with Design, Product Management, and After-Sales Service to determine appropriate external expertise to include for each project. Enforces schedules required for presentations and provides logistical support to external resources.
- Provides technical support for Brand Extension development.
- Develops solutions to manufacturing problems at any factory.
- Coordinates technical portion of Tumi compliance activities and sustainability programs.
- Extensive manufacturing experience
- Strong technical capabilities, with a combination of experience in manufacturing, industrial, materials, and mechanical technology. A technical undergraduate degree is required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility to travel extensively, and to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to form and lead teams between Tumi, suppliers, and external technical resources.
- Creativity and motivation to identify potential projects.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Sense of urgency for successful project completion.
- Analytical approach and persistence in finding the root causes of problems.
- Ability to develop alternative plans of action for all projects.
TUMI - 30+ days ago
Tumi is the leading international brand of luxury travel, business and lifestyle accessories. Since its founding in 1975, Tumi's commitment...