Director, Product Marketing|
Riverbed is the IT performance company. Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization.
Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry who are changing the world through cutting edge technology. We are looking for a Director, Product Marketing with the ability to see and link the pieces of the big picture together across all functions to make our business grow and flourish. Join us on this journey, and help us create the world of the future. We offer competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
This Director of Product Marketing is responsible for executing on the marketing strategy around Riverbed network and application performance management products. Success will be measured by the ability to drive market adoption, customer awareness, partner co-marketing and thought leadership.
We’re looking for an outstanding individual who can grow a product line to greater success and broad-based awareness. You’ll be in charge of managing a team to deliver every element of outward-bound communication, including strategic messaging, product launches, training, sales engagements, and more.
This position will have a very heavy focus on cross-functional management, coordination, sales engagement, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate will also be a hands-on creator of content, including presentations, whitepapers, and more.
Product marketing has a critical role in driving a product successfully into market. The Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for the following project areas:
• Strategic positioning. You’ll work with the field, partners, and analysts to position our products not only on the high level but also around individual new technologies or features that we bring to market.
• Management. You’ll be responsible for creating an even better working relationship with your team and corporate marketing, channel marketing, and product management. You will be tasked to put new processes or systems in place to ensure more effective working relationships.
• Product Launches. As a young company in a fast-moving space, Riverbed regularly launches new products or version updates. We need someone who can take charge of a new product and help customers, press, and analysts understand why what we’re doing is valuable to the market.
• Content creation. You and your team are responsible for creating the core tools that are used across direct marketing, field marketing, sales engagements, and channel marketing. You will work with your team to create new tools and improve existing ones.
Education & Work Experience:
• 5-8 years in product marketing in a high tech field
• Deep experience with networking and application performance management technologies
• Impeccable written and oral communication skills, including creating written content (sales tools) and giving presentations to audiences at conferences/seminars
• Experience in leading complex product launches
• Experience managing a product marketing team and delivering concrete results
• Maniacal focus on messaging for buyers and influencers across the entire buying process.
• Creativity to create new sales tools from scratch and evolve them over time
• A blend of technical understanding and the ability to deliver the right high-level message
• Driven, self-motivated, and always looking for ways to improve on our current marketing efforts
• Ability to drive projects through to completion, cooperating and coordinating with many other groups within the company.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. is a San Francisco Company with excellent salary, options and benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Riverbed Technology, Inc. - 12 months ago