The Director of UMTS Product Planning leads the ideation and detailed planning of KCI’s product portfolio for UMTS (including LTE/UMTS) carriers and markets with the primary goal of driving growth and profitability within those markets. Responsible for direct management of Product Planning team members as well as cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Operations. Leads assessment and evaluation of market information for value output in product portfolio planning. Drives market analysis and projections by carrier and technology sector.
- 10+ years experience in Strategic Planning, Product Management, Product Development, Product Marketing, or related discipline.
- 5+ years experience in wireless telecommunications equipment (mobile devices strongly preferred) or other industry related to assigned business segment. Direct experience in planning and developing mobile products for AT&T and/or T-Mobile USA strongly preferred.
- Bachelors degree in technical or business area or equivalent experience, Masters degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional management within a consumer product organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation delivery skills.
- Excellent leadership, time management and organizational skills.
- Japanese language skills beneficial but not required.
- Manages the development and implementation of product planning process to achieve the implementation of the strategic directions, typically over a 1 to 3 year timeframe
- Manages and drives the product planning process for assigned technologies through management of cross-functional teams, including roadmaps, portfolio analysis and management, and forecasting
- Collaborates with overseas engineering and business operations to develop detailed product definitions and pricing strategy
- Partners with Sales to build customer/carrier strategy, prepare customer specific product plans, respond to RFP’s and other sell-in opportunities, and grow KCI’s business.
- Provides design related input to overseas design team
- Provides input on major strategic directions
- Prepares and delivers presentations on product roadmap and future product concepts internally and externally
- Defines product positioning and builds story to effectively propose product concepts to customers
- Recommends, proposes, negotiates approval, and implements policies, procedures, or programs
- May have to adapt plans to accommodate different cultures, business practices, or customs
- Supervises direct and functional reports in the areas of Product Planning and Market Research
- Acts as project manager and coordinates activities with outside agencies and account teams
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key carrier accounts to understand their portfolio strategy and key requirements
- Responsible for coordination and management of two-year product planning forecast and submission, and presentation of business and market analysis to Executive Management and Japanese business planning process/master plan
Kyocera Wireless Corp. - 15 months ago