The industry’s most respected fabless communications semiconductor, software and systems innovator, Broadcom, is looking for the world’s best and brightest engineers. As one of Fortune magazine’s “Most Admired Companies”, Broadcom promotes an open work environment, embracing change, taking risks and doing the impossible every day. Outstanding initiative and aggressive execution is at the core of who and what we are, and we take pride in outdoing, outsmarting and outselling the competition. With the most valuable patent portfolio in the world and through the hard work and dedication of our people, Broadcom achieves a leadership position in every market segment we enter. With our culture of innovation rewarding brainpower and risk taking with industry-leading company ownership/benefits and competitive salary, this unique environment creates enormous opportunity for you.
Come leverage Broadcom's world-class talent and technology and make the impact in network switching semiconductors that you have always wanted to accomplish, with a team that you can count on.
In this highly visible role, you are responsible for leading the Program Management team for Broadcom’s Switch and Controller businesses. With the focus on ensuring program execution to plan and successful customer production launches, you will collaborate closely with executive management, support teams, engineering and marketing. You will manage a team that has responsibility for program managing internal programs, IP development and customer programs. With a geographically disperse team, you will drive well defined processes and methodologies that strive to optimize the teams effectiveness, while delivering on-time and successful programs on schedule.
Key Management Responsibilities:
• Continue to structure the organization to meet the business needs and position for long term success
• Define, refine and maintain clarity on roles & responsibilities for the team and business partners (marketing, engineering, operations)
• Maintain and evolve process and methodologies that deliver on needs of the organization and business
• Collaborate and interface with other Program Management teams in the company on best practices and methodologies
Key Internal Program Management Responsibilities of the Team
• Own and drive programs from concept to production.
• Develop project schedule, track project milestones through weekly meeting
• Manage risks and develop mitigation plans
• Drive approval meetings and reviews
• Manage in-process material, samples allocation, and board logistics
Customer Program Management Responsibilities of the Team
• Manage key customer programs; serve as primary interface between internal teams and the customers to resolve both technical and logistical issues.
• Participate in weekly meetings tracking schedule, deliverables and actions. Mobilize internal team where is necessary to drive closure on issues.
• Manage the communications regarding the delivery of hardware, software, regulatory, manufacturing and documentation.
• Manage internal in-process material, samples allocation, and system logistics
• Manage program risks and mitigation plans
• Develop processes to improve program efficiency
Typically requires 10+ years program or project management in an integrated product/platforms environment.
- Specific knowledge and experience in ASIC development, Verification and Operations
- Knowledge Network switches development and integration, including ASICs, SW and reference platform development is highly desirable.
- Proven track record in delivering quality products on-time with global development teams.
- Experience managing customer focused programs.
- Must have demonstrated success in the leadership of cross functional technical and business teams.
- Position requires excellent communications and organization skills, influencing without authority, and initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, or related field.
A Company of Innovation and Engineering A Community of Talent
As a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor technology...