Director, Program Management
Job ID #: 22790
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : Not Indicated
Relocation Provided : Yes
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Director for Program Management - Connectivity
If you are seeking new exciting challenges where you can make an impact working for one of the largest Online Travel Ecommerce web sites in the world, look no further. The Lodging Connectivity team is seeking a Director for Program Management with a passion for delivering innovative suppliers facing solutions in a dynamic environment.
Our team is innovative and fast-paced. Our business is global, bringing millions of travelers and suppliers together from around the world. We operate a large scale, high availability platform, managing hundreds of millions of web transactions every day. Our industry is rapidly changing, requiring us to innovate and adapt quickly to a wide variety of business and technical challenges.
You will manage a team of program managers driving delivery of innovative, fast, reliable, scalable, and secure supplier facing services. You’ll work closely with business and engineering teams throughout the company in a visible role that requires you to coordinate across teams, mitigate risks and balance business needs with technical constraints. You must have a strong drive, attention to detail, a collaborative work style, and a passion for solving hard problems as simply as possible.
- Manage a team of program managers creating user stories/specifications for new functionality and driving product releases
- Develop and deliver forward looking vision and execution plans
- Drive new feature development through every stage of the product lifecycle
- Gather detailed requirements from partners and stakeholders. Collaborate with software design engineers and testers to identify feature details and document them.
- Effectively manage trade-offs between cost, schedule, and customer benefit.
- Measure feature success metrics post ship and feed learning back to the team and the business.
- Define best practices, innovative on processes, and evangelize across the engineering team.
- 12+ years of overall technology experience and a deep knowledge of software development methodologies
- 7+ years of program management experience in a professional technology organization (preferably ecommerce)
- 5+ years in a management role, leading software engineering teams.
- Experience gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed functional design specifications or user stories.
- High degree of competency with project management including: project planning, tracking dependencies, milestones, status communication and risk identification
- Experience in Agile development
- Proven ability to work cross functionally to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems. Demonstrated maturity, judgment, negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to look at solutions in unconventional ways, identify opportunities to innovate and execute against them
- Strong people management skills and proven ability to successfully manage up, down, and across an organization
- A BA/BS degree in technical field or related discipline preferred
About Expedia Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...