Director, Program Management
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services
, a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill Financial, is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, S&P is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions.
Standard & Poor’s is seeking a Program Director to be responsible for the management and oversight of large corporate-wide initiatives, both as owner and as supervisor over staff working closely to coordinate activities of Business Stakeholders, Product Owners, Data Strategy & Operations, and Cross-functional IT teams. This position is critical to transparent reporting of schedule, cost, scope, and business value status reporting to Executive Management.
- Actively manage programs and report status utilizing standard tools including project milestones, project plans, project-based cost accounting, and reports
- Identify and manage/mitigate program risk and issues; manage the change control process
- Sets direction for the team and manages staff; works in close partnership with IT, BPM and Finance; responsibilities include estimating effort and resource allocation
- Develop program business cases to include financials and component projects and guide the initiation of those projects IAW PLC, Agile and DMAIC
- Support the development of business strategy for the PMO or the larger Operational Performance Group
- Utilize PMO tools, processes and methodologies, such as SharePoint (PINE), HP PPM
- Support SOW and invoice processing
- Share and leverage expertise to mentor and coach PMO staff; act as mentor to junior staff
- Accountable for partnering with the Business Champion, Business Analyst, Business Process Leader, and IT Service Delivery Manager to deliver on stated business benefits and outcomes
- Lead improvement efforts to increase efficiencies in PMO tools and/or processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area such as finance, economics, information technology or business; MBA preferred
- Certified PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Requires 12+ years of professional experience in project management, ideally within a financial institution or management/IT consulting environment
- Requires 5+ years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated financial acumen as it relates to understanding, tracking and reporting of project costs
- Strong familiarity with technical concepts and tools, such as: software architecture platforms, database tools, web and internet applications and mainframe applications
- Understanding of vendor management
- Understanding of establishing support agreements (SLAs) with enterprise service partners
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects that meet the business objectives within scope and schedule
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and arrive at mitigation strategies for project risks
- Demonstrated skills in tailoring presentations/communications to varied audiences (i.e. business vs. technical and working group vs. executive management)
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and/or build consensus with partners/support organizations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership and communications skills
- Ability to work with team members and stakeholders at all levels, technical and non-technical, in a positive and team-affirming manner
- Team-oriented leadership across groups; builds teams across regional boundaries
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Ratings Services
McGraw Hill Financial - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....