Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Director, Program Strategy & Operations for our Washington, DC office.
Crown Agents is an international development company with offices in more than 30 countries, employing over 600 personnel worldwide. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients, particularly in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening. Crown Agents currently operates in more than 85 countries on projects with an annual value of more than $181 million.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of CA Group, provides direct procurement services, technical assistance, and training to improve health outcomes, establish good governance, and stimulate economic growth across the developing world. Established practice areas include Health, Supply Chain Services, Food Security and M&E. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), and the Gates Foundation.
Role & Responsibilities
The Director, Program Strategy & Operations, will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all practice areas. The position is part of the senior management team that drives the overall strategy for the organization and represents CA-USA with clients, both US and non-USA based. The Director, Program Strategy & Operations will focus on providing practice area leadership and management, new business development, and knowledge management.
Practice Area Leadership & Management
- Enhance, flesh out, and implement organizational vision as established in the CA-USA and CA Group Strategic Plan.
- Develop programmatic portion and participate in developing the business development portion of CA-USA's annual operating plan.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence through working with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management.
- Demonstrate constant quality of programs' finance and administration, communications, and systems.
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the program goals.
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members including elevating level of responsibility, span of control, and performance.
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining the corporate culture and supporting staff during organizational growth.
In conjunction with Practice Area Leaders:
- Expand revenue generating activities under existing practice areas; cultivate existing relationships and develop new client relationships.
- Identify business opportunities with key clients in all CA-USA practice areas in developing countries including post-conflict environments, especially those identified as key business winning countries.
- Analyze RFPs and other bidding documents appropriate to current practice areas and lead strategic planning sessions to determine response, pricing strategy, business posture vis-à-vis partners, go/no go decisions, and, ultimately, to successful commercial review/submission of proposals.
- Promote the full range of Crown Agents services & capabilities to existing and prospective clients, government bodies and donor organizations.
- Manage relationships with current clients and potential partner organizations.
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge generated by practice areas.
- Develop dissemination systems to share organizational learning within CA-USA and CA group, with particular emphasis on knowledge helpful for expanding and winning new business and "lessons learned" from business delivery.
- Ensure that key project outcomes are evaluated and leveraged for maximum impact in bids and proposals for new and follow-on or expanded programs work.
- Work collaboratively with the senior management team to develop, communicate and integrate best practices across the organization.
- Master's Degree in Business Management, International Development, or a related field; relevant experience in lieu of a Master's Degree considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
- Persuasive, credible, and polished communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Strong analytical skills; business intuition, and common sense.
- Solid judgment and apparent leadership skills.
- Fluency in English is required; bilingual or multilingual ability preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years or more experience at a managerial level.
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for the company mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives, and effectively manage budgets.
- Strong record of effectively leading a performance-based and outcome-based program and staff, including experience developing and operationalizing strategies that have taken a program or organization to the next stage of growth.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and managing a strong team of staff, program/project managers, and business development professionals.
- Prior management of USAID, MCC, or privately funded projects desired.
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- History of international travel and/or management of projects overseas highly desirable.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally required.
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being successful in challenging environments and difficult situations, which is inherent in this position.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department at ADArequests@crownagents.com . Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
Crown Agents - 16 months ago